PDA

View Full Version : Amitriptyline & Sleep question

martin2011
27-06-11, 10:07
Hi been on 10mg Amitriptyline since last Monday which seemed to sedate help me sleep, Not flat out would still wake 3am or 4 then take 15-20 mins to sleep again, which has been a godsend as have had major issues prior to that ie, some nights 1 or 2 hours sleep at best. before prescribed.
Have had no real noticable side effects what so ever so far, which is great as worrying reading all them side effects that come with the pills, I know there possible side effects (doesnt mean we will experience)

I know its a minute dosage only 10mg, well worked fine upto the weekend & although im more lethargic on it now, sat & last night seems to have worn off a tad, im still feeling better for being on it ie not so anxious when im awake trying to get back to sleep, is this possible that i have became tollererant already as i thought it was quite hard to build up tollerance with ? only thing i will say is i sort of split the pills & take over 2 hours or so, start at around 10-12 last one, then sleep after, so effectively 2.5mg a time over two hours,

you think i should just take the 10mg in one go ?

Also any one know crucial time or recommended time before taking ? for more effective sleepiness ?

dont really want to pester doctor again so soon ? im sure she said could take 2 if needed ??

any help from anyone on ami & sleep experience appreciated

Thanks

martin2011
28-06-11, 17:26
Bump

Anyone on amitiptyline read this board ??
2nd night last night were 10mg just doesnt seem to help me, got very little to no sleep at all, cant believe after 5 days 10mg can wear off surely ??? feeling far less stressed even on such a low dose so just dont get why im staying awake as im far calmer & rational than i was this time last week,
Any one ??? Help lol

xhyperyogix
28-06-11, 17:40
Hi there,

I'm replying because I have had ami's prescribed for sleep before. However, I went a bit nuts on them, so only managed 5 days before going back to the docs for the evaluation in a worse state than I was before! ! So, I'm not sure i can help per se.....

Sounds like they suit you, so if you have no side effects, then 2 should be fine. My docs said to have 1 or 2 1 hr before i wanted to sleep. They are not addictive, nor do you build a tolerance (ie. the same dose will continue to work no matter how long you take it), so I was told.

Anyway, glad it seems to work for you. They didn't make me sleep at all. I take temazepam (which is addictive and builds tolerance so I need to be careful) which works for me.

Sweet dreams,

Hyper x x:smile:

martin2011
28-06-11, 20:53
Hi there,

I'm replying because I have had ami's prescribed for sleep before. However, I went a bit nuts on them, so only managed 5 days before going back to the docs for the evaluation in a worse state than I was before! ! So, I'm not sure i can help per se.....

Sounds like they suit you, so if you have no side effects, then 2 should be fine. My docs said to have 1 or 2 1 hr before i wanted to sleep. They are not addictive, nor do you build a tolerance (ie. the same dose will continue to work no matter how long you take it), so I was told.

Anyway, glad it seems to work for you. They didn't make me sleep at all. I take temazepam (which is addictive and builds tolerance so I need to be careful) which works for me.

Sweet dreams,

Hyper x x:smile:

Yeah i think you do build up a tollerance on them as 10mg only worked for 5 days, if that was true these still work im sure, i am actually a bit calmer in the day & feel better already Placebo maybe ?? as i dont think its enough for depression or anxiety, Just annoying as hell that i cant sleep properly at the moment,

martin2011
29-06-11, 12:24
Strange one, took the 10mg last night slept ok, woke at 4 as per usual :< seems to be my style at the moment, took a quarter of next one & managed to sleep till 7.30, so maybe not so tollerant, strange one was beginning to think not so good,