PDA

View Full Version : **First Post** FBC and HIV

MTJ
27-06-11, 11:16
Hi there,

This is my first post on here, I never knew this website existed, so I am really hoping this site will help me with my many health anxiety issues.

The one that's a constant worrier for me is HIV. I put myself at risk October 2009 I had a one night stand. (stupid I know, I was very drunk :-( )

Anyway, since then I have been too terrified to go for a HIV test.I had a FBC done a couple of months ago due to feeling tired all the time, and that came back completely normal.

I was just wondering that although I know it would not be able to tell me if I had HIV, but would it give enough information to my DR, so that if I DID have HIV he would may be see my results were a bit off and send me for further testing? The fact that they were fine, can I ease off worrying so much, Im going to go for the proper test I just would like some reassurance in the mean time, if you know what I mean?

Thanks in advance for any answers I get :-)

blueangel
27-06-11, 13:21
Hi there

As far as I know, an FBC can't say for definite if you have something like HIV, but I'm pretty sure that some of the other blood results would be out of the normal range, particularly the white cell count. If the blood test was normal, I would have thought that it's quite unlikely that you have anything like this.

Hope this helps.