PDA

View Full Version : Tiredness and Irregular Periods

MTJ
27-06-11, 11:20
So this is my 2nd post (I worry alot)

I have been feeling exhausted for a few months now, I mean I do have late nights etc, so that might be why, but ever since having my son in Jan 2009, I had the implant contraceptive inserted.

It didn't agree with me so I had it removed August 2010.

Since then I have not had regular periods, they range from 21-35 days, I'm tired and I sometimes bleed after sex (not all the time, but it has happened)

Since having my FBC, which was all ok, my periods have got considerably more irregular so I haven't told my DR yet about this new symptom..what do you think it could be?

Of course being a health anxiety sufferer, my mind is being consumed with thoughts of cervical cancer.

Help :-(

flobrien
27-06-11, 11:26
Hi there, I'm having the same issues with my period too. I had my son 18 months ago and it went back to being regular for about 6 months but really for the last year it has been all over the place, sometimes really light, sometimes very heavy, bleeding at ovulation etc etc... Have head every test smears, internals, ultrasounds, and nothing to be found. I'm 35 so worry that it was perhaps early menopause but my doc doesn't think so at all and thinks its purely down to stress/anxiety and also after having children I don't think you ever go back to they way your body was before so it could be that?!

I'm sure you'll be fine, if it puts your mind at ease get some checks at the docs.

take care
Fi x

countrygirl
27-06-11, 12:20
It would be worth your Dr checking you do not have a cerivcal erosion as these are very very common after having children and are very easily treated. I had one after my son was born and it was treated with freezing therapy and that was that a one off treatment. A cervical erosion ( like a mouth ulcer) would bleed if irritated during sex and also you could have another smear test to put your mind at rest.

It can take a long time for periods to become regular after childbirth or hormonal contrception.