PDA

View Full Version : Wish Someone Could Tell Me That Everything Is Going To Be OK!

flobrien
27-06-11, 15:54
Hello lovely people,

I've had a really good day, got lots of things done, swimming with my son, paid bills, sent packages, all in all a successful day, no procrastinating, things moving in the right direction!

Then BAM out of nowhere my HA kicks into overload, no reason, no symptoms, no illness, no bad news, just my own silly head thinking about the inevitable "death". I really hate the not know how, when, why etc... I constantly feel on edge thinking it could happen at any time and for so many different reasons, like it would be impossible to survive into old age with all of these horrible things we can get. I feel like screaming/crying I just wish there was a magic crystal ball I could look into and promise me and my family a healthy and LONG life. But there is no such thing so I feel so helpless and out of control. I'm scared to death from hearing about completely healthy people dropping at 40 for no apparent reason and can't help thinking that this is going to happen to me?!

Help, how do I stop this crazy way of being.

Fi x

emmax
27-06-11, 15:59
Hi Fi,

I am probably not going to be much help to you here at all but I wanted to say I have exactly the same fears and worries and always feel even more scared when I hear about people just dropping down dead at a young age etc etc. I can't put it into words any differently to how you ahve done because I really do have exactly those same feelings that you mentioned.

I hope you manage to feel better soon x

flobrien
27-06-11, 16:01
thanks Emma, its a horrible feeling isn't it, really such a waste of time, but my brain just won't listen to my reasoning :D

x

Rain
27-06-11, 16:20
I hope this may help a little bit.
Despite all the nasty illnesses we hear about in the news, life expectancy in the UK keeps going up and up.
Life expectancy is now 78 for a man and 82 for a woman.
That means the average person will live that long. Some much longer. Look at the Queen, 85 and was seen horse riding last month with her grand daughters! We only tend to hear about those who are unfortunate with their health. Millions of others thrive.
Life is a precious gift, don't spoil it by thinking about worst case scenarios. Try to think of the best that can happen. I know this is easier said than done, but the more you focus on positive, happy thoughts the more the gloomy thoughts will fade into the background.

flobrien
27-06-11, 16:50
Thanks Rain, it was exactly what I needed to hear. You are right it is much better to focus on the positive outcomes than dwell on the negative maybes, it is easier said then done, but definitely something I'm striving for.

When I hear stories of people turning 90 with great grandchildren to look after I get a lovely warm feeling inside, so I should think of these situations rather than the yucky and less likely incidents..

thanks again
Fi x