PDA

View Full Version : Wine wine wine!!

M155anthr0p3
27-06-11, 16:34
My doctor never told me I couldn't drink on Propranolol & so over the past few weeks I have had a few cheeky ones but I find it can make me a bit dizzy, plus I've read elsewhere that you shouldn't drink on them (Cheers doc!!) so I haven't drank again.

Am I being paranoid?? Does anyone drink on these??

Thanks!

cb77
24-07-11, 21:33
Hi I've just started taking propranolol too and i asked my doc if it was safe to drink with them and he said yeah the odd drink won't do any harm. I have found that they make me feel drunk quicker than usual tho which probably explains the dizziness lol so think you should be ok ad long as you don't overdo it x

Babikins
24-07-11, 23:07
I take 80 mg of propranolol in a slow release form and I had two very large glasses of rosé last night. It did make me feel tipsy much quicker and quite drowsy, but not in an unpleasant way. But I am glad I was drinking at home with family friends, I don't think I would have been so relaxed with the effect had I been out in the pub! I wouldn't like to get wasted whilst on propranolol, I think 2 glasses was my limit before I would have felt a bit too drowsy... which would have sparked a panic attack no doubt!

M155anthr0p3
10-08-11, 17:24
Thanks guys!!!

I've switched meds now anyway - damn I did miss my wine! xxx