PDA

View Full Version : Lung and throat cancer fear is crushing me

j2
27-06-11, 16:38
Well it is official. I am terrified I have lung or throat cancer. For almost 2 months, I have been having pain in my upper back and under my shoulder blade that radiates down my arm. The pain is not controlled by muscle relaxers and I am not getting any relief from NSAiD's. I am also having hoarseness and a feeling that food is caught in my throat. I went to the doctor last week and she said it was muscles along my back but the drugs she gave me are not working and the pain is getting worse. I am not sleeping and I am sure this is making my anxiety worse. I am convinced that this a tumor somewhere and it is just referring pain to my back and arm. Does anyone know if the referred pain from throat and lung tumors can act like this? I have another doctors appt scheduled but I couldn't get back in for a couple of weeks and I am going to end up in the ER before then. BTW, I am a 40 yr old male, not on any meds for anxiety and I am a long time smoker. I have diagnosed with GERD, IBS and GAD. Please help and thanks in advance.