PDA

View Full Version : Hynotherapy???

Silly Blonde
26-04-06, 09:11
Has anyone tried this??? I colleague has recommended someone and I am tempted to give it a go.

I see my big problem as being unable to accept I have health anxiety. I am not ashamed of it, just can't understand why it is happening or why it happened in the first place.

I wondered whether hynotherapy may help to find the root cause, which may lead to acceptance and then hopefully I may be able to "move-on".

Any advice appreciated!

SB

jackie
26-04-06, 09:49
listen i only say this as a personal experience, it didnt work for me but i know it can work for many

i truly now believe that we are the only ones ( with help ) who can change the way we think but if your anything like me youll try anything once

give it a go you never know but personally it didnt do it for mee

jackie

Forrest
26-04-06, 19:47
it works very well with people who suffer from ibs it had a great turn out for ibs suffers!!

nell1965
27-04-06, 17:36
I was the same as you i spent all my time trying to work out why i developed this dam health anxietyand no time at all on trying to correct it,i think its trial and error what works for someone wont for another, no harm in trying, for me im waiting on cbt but if someone you trust has given you the name of a good therapist then its gotta be worth a try i think with these things the big problem is finding a good therapist. Good luck anyway.

I just want my life back
nell
x

tnt808
27-04-06, 18:31
Hi,

I think hypnotherapy is worth a try...anything is for that matter. It unfortunately did not work for me...it's not for everyone, but it can work for you. If you find it not working look into CBT therapy, I wish I would've had that.

Good luck,

Tina