PDA

View Full Version : Had enough

haziefantasie
27-06-11, 20:17
Im so sick of everything. Im sick of changing my medication, Im sick of feeling so horrendously awful. I cant do it, everything is pointless. I dont want to exist any more

Johno
27-06-11, 20:24
In your signature you seem so positive. What meds are you on I am on citalopram and I feel up and down all the time. I keep busy as much as I can. Do you have somebody with you to help you through this. I know how you feel but keep positive.

:)

Ingenious
27-06-11, 21:55
Sorry to hear this - hang in there :) As Johno said do you have anyone there to help you through this or to talk to? And we're all here in this forum to help if we can. Changing medication is never fun, it can make you feel quite rough, but this will pass as things settle down.

saro
27-06-11, 22:29
Hey,

Keep strong. Little steps. You wont feel like this forever! :)

Sarah

haziefantasie
28-06-11, 13:30
Hi

Thank you for your concern :blush:

I went to my friends house last night and managed to distract myself. I feel just as bad today though, I really dont want to do anything. I havent had a shower for days and considering its so hot I probably stink but I dont even care. I dont want to eat either, I just feel so sick all the time.

I was on mirtazapine for 6 months - it helped with my depression but my anxiety got a lot worse. Then I started fluoxetine just over 4 weeks ago and my anxiety has got even worse again, and my depression is bad again. So the doctor advised me to change to citalopram so Ive taken my first tablet today.

I just want to curl up and die somewhere, if my life is just gonna stay like this then whats the point. Im sorry to be so negative I just cant be anything else

Ingenious
28-06-11, 15:38
I can remember my first day on Citalopram, I felt terrible, and that was only a small dose too. Ironically I eventually switched from that to Mirtazapine, which just goes to show how individual we all are and how we all react differently. Anyway looking back at my mood diary the side effects from the Citalopram did wear off steadily and quickly over a week or so, so do hang in there.

If you don't feel like doing anything then don't - give yourself some rest time. These are powerful medicines and can make even the strongest people feel rough to start with - so be easy on yourself :) Your life definitely WON'T stay like this no matter how much it feels like it now :shades:

Johno
28-06-11, 17:43
Hi

Thank you for your concern :blush:

I went to my friends house last night and managed to distract myself. I feel just as bad today though, I really dont want to do anything. I havent had a shower for days and considering its so hot I probably stink but I dont even care. I dont want to eat either, I just feel so sick all the time.

I was on mirtazapine for 6 months - it helped with my depression but my anxiety got a lot worse. Then I started fluoxetine just over 4 weeks ago and my anxiety has got even worse again, and my depression is bad again. So the doctor advised me to change to citalopram so Ive taken my first tablet today.
I just want to curl up and die somewhere, if my life is just gonna stay like this then whats the point. Im sorry to be so negative I just cant be anything else

I realy feel for you and realy know how you feel. It will get better, the funny thing with cit is that it does seem to make you feel worse, but after a few days you will pick up. You will have good and bad days. Keep positive it is hard to look after your self, but try a bath or shower will be realy refreshing and eating your favourite meal will cheer you up no end. If you start to feel realy bad, ring the Samaritans, i did two weeks ago and felt realy good afterwards. They even phoned me back two days later to check on how I was. I hope this will help you.

:)

Gale2509
28-06-11, 18:18
Hey, i too really feel for you, as the others said you will feel better but in the meantime it's not easy riding it out. I totally understand what you mean when you say even a shower feels too much like hard work right now but you will feel better for it. Johno gave great advice about ringing the Samaritans, I know I've rang them in my darkest hr and it really helped to just say exactly how I was feeling, I got my first few hrs of sleep in days afterwards and i was really glad I called. Wishing you all the best, we are all here for you. Sending :hugs:

haziefantasie
29-06-11, 17:46
Thanks again for your replies :hugs:

Ive had a better day today - woke up feeling awful again but forced myself to have a shower and met my friend for some lunch. Think it did me good to get out of my flat and distract myself, although now Im absolutely knackered again!! Oh well just taking it an hour or so at a time x

Klonoa
29-06-11, 17:55
So you did end up changing again, hope this works out better for you!

If you get a time where you feel like you can't be bothered to move, especially if its sunny, go for a walk. Is there a local park or anything near you? That used to help me a lot when I was depressed the first time, I used to take some music with me and go to the pond near a local hospital, fresh air, open space and shade. Sometimes I didn't want to spend time with people, but it really helped lift my mood.

Do you sleep/feel tired a lot?

haziefantasie
30-06-11, 12:46
Hi Klonoa

Yes they decided to change my medication again - am not entirely sure if I gave the fluoxetine long enough to work but the doctor said I should have felt some benefit so there wasnt much point in continuing any longer. Just have to take her word for it I guess.

I live in a nice area so I can go for a walk, i found a park the other day so will go there when Im feeling up to it. My problem is Im really anxious about sweating a lot and with us having a heatwave at the moment its really putting me off going anywhere. But I dont think the heat will last for long so it should be a bit better in a few days.

Yeah I feel tired constantly and am always yawning. It takes me ages to fall asleep, then I toss and turn all night and then wake up early so my sleep is rubbish at the moment. I try to nap a bit during the day but thats only if I can relax enough.

Thanks for your advice on my other post by the way - Ive been practising trying to relax my jaw more and will ask at the dentist about a mouth guard when Im registered with one.

Hope youre doing ok :hugs:

Klonoa
01-07-11, 21:08
We seem to have quite a lot in common symptom wise.

My sleep pattern is the same, but I did read that some of the SSRIs reduce your REM sleep, can impact your quality of sleep or give you strange dreams. I found some instances of people who, for a while after the initial month period it started to settle down and for others they found taking their pill at another time of day helped.

Can you not wear something airy and cool so nobody will be able to notice? I guess it might be a little hard for me to understand, where I moved to in the US the air is so close and it is so hot that everyone sweats. I take a travel stick of deodorant when I go out just in case.

Hang on in there!

Everything ok here, just dreading getting in the car tomorrow. Trying to not think about it otherwise just get worked up.