PDA

View Full Version : Swaying/faint feeling

Stephieee7
27-06-11, 21:19
Hi everyone,

For about 8 weeks now I keep having this faint feeling. Its not exactly dizziness, its never spinning or anything, its more of a swaying feeling like I'm on a boat or something going side to side.
It started happening whilst I was at work firstly. In my work we have to sit around a big table to eat, theres about ten of us around it in total. It happened the first time and I put it down to being hungry. But then it happened the next day and the next day, but only when I was sat around this table. It happened everyday for about a week. I put it down to anxiety as it only happened in this certain place. After this I went on holiday and it happened twice on holiday but not as bad. I arrived home on the Friday and I went to town on the Saturday and it happened again only this time it caused me to have a panic attack. It made my heart race and I went really hot and got sweaty palms. After this I began to associate this with my anxiety. I also came to realise that this feeling of faintness and swaying only ever happened when I was out in public, it never happened in my house. I kept getting this swaying feeling everytime I went shopping, to a restraunt, basically everywhere public. Everytime it happens it sends me into a massive frenzy like I'm going to pass out in public. However today it happened in my own house. I was sat eating food with my family and I got the familiar swaying feeling. Its like I'm rocking on a boat. I decided to stand in front of the mirror to see if I can keep my balance. I managed to with my eyes open, but when I close my eyes I find my body rocking and swaying from side to side almost until the point that I'd fall over.

I'm beginning to wonder whether this feeling is anxiety or whether it is a real symtom like an ear infection or something which is causing the anxiety. I'm hoping to go to the doctor at some point but I'm scared!

Thankyou.

Joeturner2
04-07-11, 21:34
Hey i have been feeling this to, i do believe its aniexty its make me so weak and achey

anxietyoverload
05-07-11, 08:19
me too!! i get it all the time!!! :)

linda a
06-07-11, 03:51
i have this to and feel like iam moving but not dr and ent dr said anxiety

fairyclairy
02-08-11, 16:20
Im suffering with this at the moment, its possibly the worst and scariest symptom i suffer with... i hate it, but its reassuring to know im not the only one! x

damianjmcgrath
19-12-15, 11:53
I get this all the time now, has anyone found any relief from it?

fruity
19-12-15, 12:13
great at least im not the only one. for years I,ve had this.

Bonnibelle
19-12-15, 22:56
Yes see my post on this board from last week. Im struggling with it even at home. It's like I'm on a boat or walking on marshmallows.