PDA

View Full Version : Hospital this week

brisaya
28-06-11, 00:17
Hi all

I'm proper stressing, i was in pain a few months ago an they found a massive cyst on my ovary I had a scan and they said it was nothing really to worry about but sent me to gynaecologist who advised me to get it removed but I said I wanna monitor it and they sent me for a blood test to test for tumors when I came back off hol there was a letter saying blood test is back and they want me to come in for further management <--- that scares me and so I'm going for another scan tomorrow (praying it's shrunk) and then my appointment to see dr is on Thursday. I'm terrified xxxx

Anxious_gal
28-06-11, 00:24
No matter what happens you will get threw this, I know you may think you can't but from my own experience I have found that we are a lot stronger than what we think.
I hope too your cyst has shrunk and you results will be good x
Do you think there is a chance they may want to remove it?

debs71
28-06-11, 21:41
Hi,

Please try not to get too concerned until you go see what they actually want to manage, as it could well be something as simple as a slightly low red blood cell count (mild anaemia) and they need to sort that out. More often than not it is something that can be rectified easily.

I too had a cyst on my ovary which luckily resolved on its own. I also had to go back for a second scan that confirmed this, but they did tell me at the time that sometimes if they don't resolve or are a bit bigger, they have to be removed, and they were very laid back about it all so my impression was that it is very common.

I wish you so much luck and let us know how you get on.xxxxx:hugs:

looking4answers
28-06-11, 21:43
Im so sorry. i hope you feel better. i do understand your fear.

Liliana83
28-06-11, 21:45
Here's to hopeing everything is fine! Please keep us posted.

brisaya
14-07-11, 21:03
Hi,

just to let you know this is still ongoing, my CA 125 levels are 160 and now I have to have a CT Scan on Wednesday :(

Koko
14-07-11, 22:04
Hi there, 4 years ago I had a massive (size of football) ovarian cyst removed. I also had the CA 125 test which came back with a higher than normal reading. My consultant wasn't concerned about the high reading as a lot of things can make the reading higher (virus etc). My daughter (who is 13) also had a big ovarian cyst (over 10cm) removed just before Christmas (hers had twisted and gone bad). If they do want to remove it I would go for that action.

My cyst was tested and the result came back borderline cancer ( still don't really know what that means, just was told it isn't cancer). I'm just glad I had it removed.