PDA

View Full Version : Feel Like Giving Up

obsessive b
28-06-11, 09:16
Hi

I have been taking Cit now for 4 weeks started and 10mg moved to 20mg - felt like I have been getting somewhere but the last 4 days I have felt awful again - was sick this morning with anxiety and cried when I got to work - Is it too soon to give in guys?

B

powerone
28-06-11, 10:25
Dont give up. Maybe you need a higher dosage. Talk to your GP.

But I think maybe you are tired, the heat over the past few days hasnt helped. Its getting cold again.

The heat also might have caused you to be sick, Sorry.

Keep going, good luck.

Carrera74
28-06-11, 10:28
Don't give up. Keep at it. Make an appointment with your GP and talk it over. You could be coming down with something or you could be run down? The weather has it's affect on me too. My Mum always used to blame everything on the weather. I think she was right!! Big hugs x

obsessive b
28-06-11, 10:41
Thansk guys how long did your meds take for anxiety to subside

powerone
28-06-11, 11:00
Everyone is different with the time it takes for anxiety to subside.

I think you need to talk to your GP and discuss how you feel.

obsessive b
28-06-11, 11:31
I have and he doesn't think I should give up either as he thinks I am doing well

powerone
28-06-11, 12:16
Well done you. Keep going it will be okay in the end. We all know its tough sometimes.

obsessive b
28-06-11, 12:33
What do you suffer with powerone?

Ingenious
28-06-11, 12:38
Definitely don't give up! And yes you are doing well. These medications are powerful and you will get ups and downs - it took a good two months for me on Citalopram for things to settle. Concentrate on the days you've had so far which have been good, and remind yourself you will have good days like that still to come :)

obsessive b
28-06-11, 15:25
Thanks r you gus on Cit if so how long did it take to start working?

powerone
28-06-11, 15:58
What do you suffer with powerone?

I have problems with anxiety and stress. I dont talk about things or problems with people and everything went wrong. It wasnt my fault that things went wrong, it just did. This has resulted in me having problems with pains in my chest, eating problems and acid in my stomach as well as the usual issues.

powerone
28-06-11, 16:10
Thanks r you gus on Cit if so how long did it take to start working?

I think this depends on how unwell you are. It does start in the first few weeks. However some people need more help than others. Your Dr knows how much better you are doing, so there is an improvement.

Take each step in time. What is most important that you do it your way. As long as you get better, which you will, then that all that counts. Your goal is yourself it dosent matter about the time it takes with other people.

We all have bad days, dark days and days which mean the world wins. But in the end we will win and be on top of the World.

Anxious-in-Canada
28-06-11, 17:23
I am on 20 mg of Escitalopram and have been for almost half a year now. Still struggling now and again with feeling down but nowhere near where I was before starting this medication.

I think the focus is better to be on the good times rather than the bad times. Although I understand we that are on this forum are prone to focus more of the negatives, anxiety being a great champion for negatives thoughts, we do have to try and force ourselves to recognize the positives more.

Example:

Sleeping better now.
Evenings are always good for me.
Have days that I am normal again (not down and anxious)
Have energy when feeling better (which again always in the evenings)
Have great support from my family.

Try your own list, maybe it will help. Even try a two column list of positives and negatives. If the negatives are more the positives than think of ways to eliminate the negatives, if you can't think of resolutions then ask here. I am sure someone will suggest something to try ....

hope this helps, take care.