PDA

View Full Version : another post sorry guys!........sciatica?

MVP123
28-06-11, 11:15
Sorry for another post its just that when my anxiety is at its highest i cant stop thinking about my normal regular aches and pains. About 2 or 3 years ago I was in the supermarket and felt a strange pain in my right leg and a buzzing/tingling sensation in my foot, at the time i had a major panic thiking it was a blood clot or something. Ever since then it comes and goes and it makes my whole leg ache and have a dull throb and my foot tingling slight burning, and on the odd occasion it wakes me up in the night cause it is throbbing that much. I mentioned it to the doc today and she felt the pulse in my leg and said that something is probably pressing on my sciatic nerve, maybe a disc etc, but to my knowledge i have never slipped a disc or anything. I think my worry is that it may be a tumour pressing on the nerve and my question is that if i have had this tumour for more than 2 years wouldn't i know about it by now and be really sick? Also does anyone else have sciatica and had any explanation for it? Thanks in advance guys xx

MVP123
28-06-11, 21:28
I am really started to worry that the pain in my leg is being caused by ovarian cancer, a tumour pressing on my sciatic nerve. My question is mainly, considering that this first started over 2 years ago, if i had a tumour wouldn't i have known about it by now?

looking4answers
28-06-11, 21:47
I have this almost everyday and have had it for a few years off and on. Its something to do with your back but its not fatal so try to relax.

haz
29-06-11, 00:47
I have had sciatica for years caused by back pain. Painful and annoying but not fatal!

Threnners
29-06-11, 03:08
If you go on YouTube, there are tons of stretches you can do to relieve it. When mine flares up it only takes a couple of days of stretching to knock it out.

MVP123
29-06-11, 08:35
Thanx for the replies guys, but how do you tell the difference between sciatic pain and muscle pain?x