PDA

View Full Version : Chest pressure and left arm feeling when standing/walking - can it be anxiety!?!

VioletWings
28-06-11, 13:34
Hi, I've had this horrible pressure in the middle of my chest when I get up -I am in bed a lot the last few days as I simply can't stand being up about walking about -my parents forced me ot the house yesterday to the doctor, he checked my heart with stethoscope, oxygen, listened to breathing -and on Sat night I had an ambulance out and they took an ECG and just said it was quick (I chose not to go to hospital) I've also been getting discomfort in my shoulders/left arm/shoulder.
I keep worrying that it's something more than anxiety as it's so physical and severe, when I get really worried I shake a lot and my mouth is constantly dry.

I also get the pressure on my chest when lying down flat on my back -but not my sides -had this for a good few days now.
Any help or reassurance appreciated! Thanks

powerone
28-06-11, 17:03
This coul be anxiety talk to your GP they will be able to help you.

Andyroo
28-06-11, 17:17
anxiety can affect your whole body in so many different ways, it can cause chest pain's numbness, a feeling of being unbalanced or dizzy, some people have even felt like they were having heart attacks yet it was only anxiety causing the chest pain, some people feel numb in the finger tips and weird pressure/pains on there arm's the list goes on but this is nothing serious. i think if your really worried about it you should see your gp but my personal opinion is that there is nothing to worry about.:hugs:

VioletWings
28-06-11, 17:23
Thank you -I've seen a doctor twice last week and once yesterday -do you think the standard doctor tests (BP etc) and ECG is enough to tell if anything was wrong? (I did have an echo and 24hr holter a year or so ago)

Could anxiety cause this feel to be present ALL the time?
Many thanks.

Andyroo
28-06-11, 17:33
tests your gp does such as listening to your chest, echo, ekg can easily tell a doctor if anything is wrong with you. I have had a heart problem before as a child and i remember the doctor knew there was somthing wrong with me the moment he listened to my chest, if your gp didnt find anything wrong i think you should take his/her word for it :hugs:

VioletWings
28-06-11, 17:40
Thank you Andy, you know how it is I have just got so troubled, I just need to trust God! *hugs*

Andyroo
28-06-11, 17:42
Don't worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. :hugs: