PDA

View Full Version : Strange Chest Symptom

xtremx
28-06-11, 16:34
Hi all,
Hopefully it is not just me sometimes when I am relaxed ie; slump on the couch or sometimes if I just turn my upper body to look out the window. I get a strange feeling as if my chest/sternum has LOCKED-UP (sounds strange).

My chest would go tight (right in the centre) cannot move my head or arms as get pain in the centre of chest and cant breathe in deep, Have to just move in slow motion until my chest cracks and them it is all back to normal.

Happens alot when i lay down and my daughter is asleep in my arms.

Just feels wired having your chest lock-up like that and you cant move and have to crack-it and when i say crack it cracks like your knuckles.

I know its not stress but any ideas, Have told my doc about this years ago but was not to impressed with me asking

Chris

darcy
28-06-11, 17:05
you sound like you need a visit to an osteopath... i have this with my leg, when i lift it up it cluncks when i put it down...
try and find a good one if you do go and they can help with all sorts, might just need all your bits clicking back in place.. wear and tear can make you all out of sync.. you'll feel amazing too.... mine put all my ribs back in once (very complicated but if one thing is out of place everything else can follow) my breathing improved 150% .. i dont even bother my g.p for stuff like this anymore... good luck..

xxxxx

xtremx
02-01-12, 12:02
Hi all,
Hopefully it is not just me sometimes when I am relaxed ie; slump on the couch or sometimes if I just turn my upper body to look out the window. I get a strange feeling as if my chest/sternum has LOCKED-UP (sounds strange).

My chest would go tight (right in the centre) cannot move my head or arms as get pain in the centre of chest and cant breathe in deep, Have to just move in slow motion until my chest cracks and them it is all back to normal.

Happens alot when i lay down and my daughter is asleep in my arms.

Just feels wired having your chest lock-up like that and you cant move and have to crack-it and when i say crack it cracks like your knuckles.

I know its not stress but any ideas, Have told my doc about this years ago but was not to impressed with me asking

Chris

Hi all, Does anyone else get this and know what is happening.