PDA

View Full Version : 100Mg dose

becksfan86
28-06-11, 18:43
Hey all, i been on Sertraline since Friday so had it for 5 days now, i had a good day yesterday but feeling low today, when would u suggest i take it? At the moment well i always take my medication when i gwt up, do you think i should take it during the night so when i wake up my head will be clearer? Or takee it as usual and wait for it to kick in?

pretoria
29-06-11, 11:52
Stick with it, starting any SSRI medication can be a bumpy road. Speaking from experience, when I started Sertraline I had unpleasant side effects and it made me feel worse for a vit but hang in there, it takes time for the levels of Serotonin to build up to an amount that will start to be beneficial.

Tyke
29-06-11, 19:25
Hi Becksfan

I had a similar experience to Pretoria. It is still very early days for you yet, It is quite common to wait a few weeks before you get any benefit at all from these drugs. I found that when my levels of serotonin built up, I was consistently better, but I always took the tablet first thing on a morning as it initially gave me bad insomnia and I wanted as long as possible between taking it and trying to get to sleep. This side effect wore off anyway after four weeks. At the moment I would take the tablet as usual, on a morning, if I were you, and give the drug plenty of time to kick in.

Tyke

becksfan86
30-06-11, 17:52
Thank you you two, im taing it still in the moving, had a good day today so thats good :)

soulsearcher
15-10-11, 01:35
Hello becksfan86

I take my Sertraline in the morning always have done and it works for me like the people say on here just try and stick it out things should get better I dont think I would sleep if I took mine at night I think they keep you awake