PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms loss of appeitite

becksfan86
28-06-11, 18:46
Hi, ever since i been taking my meds i just dont feel need to eat much, ive always had a big appetite if im honest but recently ive not been that hungry last week or so i been feeling like this, and people have said have i lost weight and i say to them i dont thnik so?
I never really noticed till earlier that ive not been eating much i just dont think about it

Carrera74
29-06-11, 20:53
I've just started on beta blockers and have noticed that my appetite has decreased. I am still hungry but can only eat a bit. This could be a good thing but it's concerning me as it's supposed to be a bad side effect (according to google...).

What meds are you on? Are you eating something, even if just a little? :)

Tyke
30-06-11, 04:25
Hi Becksfan

This is a common side effect from the Sertraline you are on - I had exactly the same thing along with other side effects. It should wear off once your body gets used to the drug. My appetite came back after four weeks. :)

Tyke

becksfan86
30-06-11, 17:55
I am on Sertraline, i am eating a bit but not that hungry to be honest making sure i drink enough though as i dont want headaches like i usually get.

becksfan86
30-06-11, 17:56
Thanks Tyke :)

Suko
30-06-11, 18:11
Could be the meds, but can also be another part of the anxiety, just had a few weeks of utter panic and terror and lost a stone in a week as i get the sick feeling almost constantly so its hard to force any food and like you most of the time i dont even feel hungry, but either way it will settle down as the meds take affect x

becksfan86
04-07-11, 21:45
A stone in a week? bloody hell!!!!!

notsogood99
06-07-11, 12:13
Me too. Lost 1 1/2 stones since srated on Fluocetine a couple of months back :D

becksfan86
06-07-11, 12:33
Its good if you want to lose weight, i lost a stone in february but i was unwell but was very happy i lolst the weight :D

MVP123
06-07-11, 15:00
I have been on fluoxetine for 3 weeks now and for the last week I have hardly eaten a thing, just have abs no interest in food and have bad nausea, especially in the morning, I have lost about 8 pounds in a week!

becksfan86
06-07-11, 19:33
Im just starting to eat a little more now, beginning off the tablets i just wasnt eating. Do you feel lighthead as uve not eaten?

MVP123
06-07-11, 20:47
I do feel weak and light headed but I always get that from when my anxiety is really high anyway. I am eating small amounts now, my hubby made me eat a bacon sarnie this morning, but I've had nothing else since, I just don't have the desire to eat. It will come back tho and I will pile the weight back on again. But to tell you the truth I would much rather be slightly overweight than suffer from this anxiety crap anyday :-) xx