PDA

View Full Version : Who to ask for advice

disco2195
28-06-11, 19:04
Hi everyone!

My name's Dave and I come from the great area of Newport in South Wales. I went to my first meeting on Sunday and it was fantastic to meet people who had experienced similar problems to me - not alone anymore YIPPEEE!!!

I noticed that more and more people are coming in with prescriptions for antidepressants/antioxlyics etc.. and not understanding much about them.

If you are unsure about any of your meds then PLEASE to someone in your local pharmacy - we are all there to help you and not judge. All information is kept confidential as per your GP.

Pharmacists and technicians can be a really big help in your road to recovery and also in making sure you maintain a good compliance with your medication.

If you have any queries then please do not hesitate to contact me :)

Dave

snowgoose
28-06-11, 19:14
This is nice to know Disco :)

so much we want to have advice on does not need to be with doctor .
I think pharmacists will have a much bigger role in the health care of the public in the future..............it needs promoting .and also support like with no smoking etc .
thank you xx

disco2195
28-06-11, 22:39
Hi snowgoose!

Thanks for the reply!

I've managed to signpost some people to this website and some others like MIND and I am hoping that they can gain the same sort of support that I have managed to find!:D

toppo
28-06-11, 22:51
Dave is that you?

Hehe are you the guy that came to the prince of wales? The dude with glasses i think?

Hello :)

blueangel
29-06-11, 13:39
Hi Dave

It's great that there is someone on board with up-to-date pharmacy experience. I worked in a hospital pharmacy for years and for a pharmaceutical quality control lab, and learnt loads of stuff on the way which has been very useful. I often try to direct people here towards getting advice from a pharmacy, as it's quicker than waiting to see a doctor and a quick answer can sort out anxieties about medication.

Hurrah! :)

snowgoose
29-06-11, 13:51
Hi Disco and Blue Angel ,

this is so good to hear for advice re meds and just the stuff you dont want to take up an appt for with Gp .
How confidential is confidential if you get me ?
Not that I am doing anything wrong :ohmy:...just interested .
and do they have the time really ...........it could be such a useful resource .
know some friends have had better no smoking advice from pharmacist and staff than the no smoky nurse. xx

disco2195
29-06-11, 15:19
Snow,
With the confidentilality it is the same as you would get from a GP - we can't tell anybody anything (unless we think you are a danger to yourself or someone else but in 14 years I have never had to do this!). Also if you wanted advise then I would treat it with the same amount of confidentliality as well so no worries about that - though if I dodn't know the answer I would ask my boss but I would check wiht you first.

Toppo yeah thats me the one with the glasses lol

paula lynne
29-06-11, 19:27
Hiya Dave, its Paula! You know, the one that couldnt stop talking....:whistles:SO glad you decided to join us here xxxxxxx

disco2195
29-06-11, 21:13
Hi Paula,

glad I joined as well its nice to hopefully give something back to the group :D
Do you know when the pics are gonna be up for us to look at?

daybyday
29-06-11, 21:24
:welcome: I hope you can help someone like me who just doesn't know what med. to use, as I get different opinions.
PM me if you are ok with me asking a few questions. Thank you

paula lynne
29-06-11, 21:31
Hi Dave, they were forwarded to Nic (creator of NMP) on Sunday I think, but havent been put on yet. Im checking the gallery every day. x Hope you are well, and your journey home was ok x:yesyes:

disco2195
29-06-11, 21:49
Hey daybyday

I have PM you as you requested - hope your having a good day :)

disco2195
29-06-11, 22:02
Hey DaybyDay

I've PM you so any questions you want to ask fire away