PDA

View Full Version : Slow at functioning?

phil06
29-06-11, 00:21
Can anxiety make you feel slow at fuctioning, remembering things, you feel stuff or memoris from the past don't relate to you, distant? You feel like a blank mind or don't understand normal things? I also worry my knowledge will suddenly go with anxiety or I may lose my mind?

I suffer depersonlization is this making it worse? Sometimes I do function but it feels like I'm not really doing it I think I don't understand something but do? But my head thinks I'm crazy, going to lose my mind? I fear it as if you go crazy or psycotic you lose all functioning do you not? :shrug:

looking4answers
29-06-11, 00:33
Hi Phil, good to see u. Its funny you posted this, as I am sitting here at the moment feeling exactly everything you posted here so yes I guess it does make you feel the way you desribed. Must be a common feeling, Michael

kibbutz83
29-06-11, 09:32
I think we over-think and over-analyse everything when we have anxiety, especially health anxiety :( It's like we're looking and waiting all the time... I think we pre-empt the worst possible outcome of any given situation, so if the worst thing does happen we'll be "prepared" for it :( In being so focused on the negatives, the good things in life are just passing us by... I'm 48, and sad to say I wasted over 40 years worrying my life away...

DEBBZ
29-06-11, 09:43
im just the same everything feels distance , even thinking of what to do for tea feels weird and its like im drugged up its hard to descibe but its not nice and i keep getting a dark feeling like a sad feeling come over me , wish it would just do one as i was ok 3 days ago x

Brokenmum
29-06-11, 11:16
Exactly the same here. My memory is poor, especially when it comes to trying to remember the more positive memories. It's as though the positive have been erased and in it's place are only the negative ones. It's greatly frustrating when people say "oh remember when"... The sad part is... I don't. It's as though the last few years I have come through in a daze. Body is here and yet the mind is not? Does that make sense to anyone?

Please know that you are not crazy and you are not going psychotic.
What you are currently experiencing though is quite normal for those that are also suffering.

Sending warm hugs your way :bighug1:xx

pretoria
29-06-11, 12:00
The problem with Anxiety and depression is that the chemicals in our brain responsible with mood also play a part in cognitive tasks (basically help you function day to day with tasks involving memory and coordination etc etc). Now when the levels of, say serotonin are low or you are in an anxious mood electrical activity along the neurons slows down slightly so it can make you feel slower than usual with difficulty concentrating. Eat banana's get some exercise to increase dopamine levels, relaxation exercises and also getting a good nights rest will help improve these symptoms of Anxiety.