PDA

View Full Version : Herbal remedies to reduce shaking?

hanna090
29-06-11, 01:21
:)Hi all,
Does anyone know of any good herbal remedies to reduce shaking of hands and lips etc?
The hands I can sorrrt of handle because they can be hidden behind my back, but I can’t hide my lips. I usually just stop speaking and smiling (which I miss a lot because I used to love my smile), so I stand there appearing rather reserved and impolite.
-Hanna x

rob22
24-07-11, 22:29
Hi Hanna,

I've heard of one called skull cap herb, its meant to help with tremors and acts as a mild relaxant. I have trouble with shaking as well and i absolutely hate it, hope you find something that works.

Rob

bazbaz71
25-07-11, 16:52
Hi Hanna,
I'm afraid I don't know of any herbal remedies. I get this as well from time to time (mainly hands). I have found that relaxation techniques help (esp. deep breathing). Supposedly, if you do another technique where you do a clenching and relaxing of muscles it really helps as well. I should do more of this myself I know.
B

Janvi
01-08-11, 06:53
Hello Hanna,

No i dontknow any herbal medecine. In fact even my lips tremble when i talk to someone/during photo session & social gathering. I think its called mouth twitches. Its very embarassing I know. Do you get this during photo sessions? Hope to overcome this part as im not taking any medecine.

Rgds,
JANVI

hanna090
14-09-11, 21:38
sorry for the late reply! I didn't realise anyone replied!

Yes i get mouth twitches!!!! THAT'S THE WORST LOL! i try to chew chewing gum cos that sorta helps, not sure how, but i read it on a post in this forum and i tried it out & it surprisingly helped.

i just googled skull cap- it sounds perfect thanks for that! im gonna look in health stores for it !

@bazbaz thanks for that tip!!! i know what u mean- its so exhausting keeping up with all the tips and everything!

Anxious_gal
14-09-11, 22:26
I hear magnesium and calcium and the b vitamins ca help calm your nerves

hanna090
16-09-11, 21:54
oh wow really? I hadn't heard about that, I'll look into that now.
Thank you mishel :)