PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

sal
03-04-04, 15:53
Hi my name is Sal and i have suffered from anxiety, panic attacks and depression over the last four years. I have just entered this site yesterday, and so many of the letter i could have written myself. It is nice to know that there are people out there that understand. I feel like i am mad when i am trying to explain to friends that i am losing control and become like a scared rabbit in headlights. But i suppose until you have suffered a panic attack you never really understand what others are going through. Not a good day for me today, doing my usual when i feel like this and seem to pace round the house because i cant sit still. Could go on but dont want to go on and on when i am new to all of this. Having a bad moment so thought i would add to this. I find it really hard to talk and try to hide behind text messages to friends. Maybe this could be a new start for me and get me to really open up. My first panic attack was four years ago when i was at work and a fight broke out, maybe not a good place to lose it working in a prison but i just froze and couldnt cope with the aggression. I went home that night and felt like i was detached from myself but also so frightened. From that time i have tried different meds had time of work but it always come back to panic attacks and anxiety. When i feel really bad i ask my ex husband to have Sam my 8 year old daughter because i feel like i am totally losing control. I am yet again of work and really thinking about a different career but what about the mortgage etc. I get paranoid all the time that i upset my friends as they must be sick of hearing me twist about how i feel and at the moment feel there are not enough tissues in the world to get through this. I know i couldnt cope with work at the moment but i also have too much time to think and forget friends are busy and have lifes of their own. Does anyone else feel like this or am i really losing the plot???? Any help, advice or replies would be gratfully appreciated You would never know how much. hanks Love Sal x

SJ Brunskill

sarah
03-04-04, 17:01
Hiya Sal

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here!

Its nice to see other posts that make you feel you arent alone isnt it?

Have a good hunt around, theres loads of great info in here and feel free to post any problems/questions you may have.

love Sarah
xx

Brownie
03-04-04, 17:29
Hi Sal,

Welcome to the site. When i stumbled upon this site i was so relieved to see that there were people that feel the same as i do, so I know how much of a relief it must have been for you reading some of the posts. You'll find lots of help and support here. Hope to see you around.

-Christie[:I]

kizzy
03-04-04, 18:23
Hi Sal,welcome I am new too ,this is a great site I'm sure you
will get plenty of help, everyone is so friendly.
Know what you mean with the pacing,done it myself in the past
just remember it does get better. good luck

love kiz

kate
03-04-04, 18:49
Hiya Sal,

Welcome to the site!

You will find lots of good advice here from fellow sufferers so have a good look around at all the postings!

Kate x

twister
03-04-04, 22:39
Hi Sal

You are loud and clear now! I believe the site went down for a bit before though....

Emily

nomorepanic
03-04-04, 22:43
Hi Sal

Are you accidentally removing your own posts?

Nicola

twister
03-04-04, 22:44
where did your post go sal!

come and see us in the chat room nowxx

Emily

twister
03-04-04, 23:39
thats cool sal- it does help a lot. Am glad you have found us.

Emily

sal
03-04-04, 23:42
This 1 is 4 Brownie Just a big thanx 4 makin me feel welcome Sal xxxx

SJ Brunskill

sal
03-04-04, 23:43
Going 2 bed soon Mayb i will sleep but not likely but thanx Emily appreciated talkin 2 u in chat room Love al xxxx

SJ Brunskill

sal
03-04-04, 23:44
Twister NOT AS GLAD AS I AM TC xxxx

SJ Brunskill

sal
03-04-04, 23:47
Hi Kissy So u understand the pacing 2 Every1 i no thinks its the 1st sign of madness but i just cant seem to settle Think when i eventually sleep i pace in my bed Been on the chat room 2nite & cant blieve how gd it made me feel At long last ive people who understand Keep in touch Love Sal xxxxx

SJ Brunskill

me
04-04-04, 11:41
hi sam, welcome to the site, its wonderful and everyone are fab, you are not alone and not going mad... honestly everything you have said sounds normal to all of us x when i had my panics i couldnt sit still im sure i wore the floor boards out in my house from pacing around so much. i always worry about what my friends think of me but if they are real friends they will always be there for you x hope your day is going well. try and relax love from mary

me
04-04-04, 12:26
hi sal, im so sorry ive just noticed i put sam instead of sal, opps im abit of a dip stick, sorry love from mary

sal
04-04-04, 14:39
Hi Mary Just sat down to type to u instead of pacing the floor boards. The doc has put my meds up and i am not sure if they are making me feel worse. Cant seem to find the plot today. So what kind of day have u had? Love Sal xx

kizzy
04-04-04, 16:35
Hello again sal,hope you are feeling bit better ?
The meds did make me a little worse before they started to work
properly but it doesn't last too long,hang in there,don't worry about the pacing it means nothing . Take care
love kiz

nomorepanic
04-04-04, 19:32
Hi Sal

Was good to chat last night. Hope you are feeling better today.

Nicola

sal
10-04-04, 19:30
Hi Kizzy havent checked my mail for few days oops!!! Howa are you. The doctor and psychologist both explained to me that it will take a while to work so i will persevere for a bit longer. Its good to know other people pace, just thought that was my madness!!! Speak soon Kiz Take Care Love Sal xxx

brill
26-04-04, 15:09
Hiya Sal

Sorry it has been taken me so long to say hello and welcome but I guess better late then never hay.I hope all is going well for you mate.

BRILL.

Never give up
Never give in
Life,s to short
Make it last :)
Brill

Jules31
26-04-04, 15:46
Yeah me too Sal, sorry I didn't say hi before.

Welcome to the site, look forward to speaking to you soon

Julie

sal
26-04-04, 17:44
Hi Brill

Thanks for saying hi. I hope you are feeling a bit better than when we last spoke in the chat room. Here if you need to talk. Take care.

Love Sal x

sal
26-04-04, 17:45
Hi Julie

Thanks for the introduction. Site has been a great help for me, so many really friendly people and loads of positive ideas. Would be lost without it now. I hope you are keeping well. Keep in touch.

Love Sal xx