PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Inderal and generic?

Carrera74
29-06-11, 08:26
Has anyone any experience of taking the generic form of propranolol and Inderal?

I used to take Inderal 80mg SR years ago without any problems, that I can remember. I changed chemist and got a generic version and could tell a difference straight away.

I have been prescribed this again and the chemist has given me the generic version. I had raised my concerns with the doctor about last time but he said there should be no difference in the brands as the main ingredient is the same.

I had one yesterday and didn't feel too good. I'm not sure if it's all in my head or if it is the generic version that doesn't agree with me.

Has anyone any experience of using Inderal and going to the generic type and feeling a difference?

I have contacted the doctors this morning to ask if I can get a prescription for Inderal due to my previous experience and the Pharmacist did say that sometimes the salts can be different and some patients can feel a difference.

Just need to find a chemist that stocks it and also fingers crossed it helps this anxiety better than the generic type!!!

Sorry for the waffling.

I'm becoming fixated on this drug!!!! :unsure: