PDA

View Full Version : This is sposed to be a happy time in my life....but HA is ruining it

MVP123
29-06-11, 17:17
I honestly dont know who to turn to anymore :weep:. My only daughter is due to give birth to our first grandchild any day now and while i am very excited about it, the HA is bringing me down and taking my happiness away. I am obsessed that I now have ovarian cancer, I have the following symptoms:
Right leg ache (which started over 2 years ago and comes and goes)
Stitch like pain that comes and goes
Heartburn
Little apetite
I thought i had a water infection yesterday, but seems fine today!
I had diarrheoa 3 weeks ago
Last week i had severe nausea for 2 nights.

Now I know most of these symptoms can be caused by anxiety and also the fact that i have started on fluoxetine 2 weeks ago could be contributing. I just cant seem to get this leg thing out my head and the fact that i could have had a tumour sitting there for over 2 years pressing on a nerve. Its like my leg is laughing at me saying 'Ha Ha i will never go away I will keep popping back to remind you that I am still here and you will never be free of the fear'

What should i do? Go the docs again and ask to be tested for ovarian cancer, and go through the agony of waiting for test results, or wait it out until my ad's are working properly and i can look at my leg pain more objectively? But if i wait it might be too late arrrrggghhhh, i don't know what to do anymore :weep::weep::weep:

Klonoa
29-06-11, 17:48
Congratulations! That last wait is agonizing isn't it :D

I've been on Fluoxetine almost 4 weeks, although symptoms include putting on weight my appetite is definitely diminished. I mean we've had chocolate in the house for *2 weeks* and it isn't all gone yet!

The nausea and toilet problems could have been related to a bug. They're both better now right? Let's play devils advocate and say it was cancer, it would keep comming (at least on and off) right?

Where is the stitch pain? What did the doctor say the first time? I don't know about that leg ache, that definitely sounds something to be more persistent about. Not in a cancer way, but that pain is something you don't need. Could it be gout or something?

I have no idea how old you are by the way, but I often get symptoms of water infection right before my period and also stitch pains on and off related to endometriosis.

Also do you drink a lot of caffeine? Maybe you just needed to drink more water?

MVP123
29-06-11, 18:04
hey there, thanks for replying. I usually ignore the leg thing as it has been going on for over 2 years now so just put it down to sciatica or something. But since my HA has come back I seem to have had loads of symptoms in the last 3 weeks that i am thinking is related to cancer. These are mostly new symptoms which i didnt have before when I had anxiety a couple of years ago. Right now I am worrying so much I just dont feel hungry at all, and i keep pressing my abdomen for signs of swelling. I think i will have to go to the docs tomorrow and ask for a pelvic exam, but will this put my mind at rest? probably not lol! I am 39 by the way.
The water infection was a weird one, as this is something i dont usually get, it started on Mon night with a sudden urge to go to the toilet and I had to keep going and I had the lower abdo pain, but it didnt sting when i peed. Anyway the doc gave my antibiotics for it yesterday without testing me for an infection. I started taking the antibiotics yesterday but now it has gone away!

anxietyoverload
29-06-11, 19:43
hey
i dont think you have cervical cancer at all, if all is well down below, like your not having any nasty smelling discharge or pains in your groin, i think your ok, anxiety is sooo awful it can make you feel so ill - when really its all in our head.
Good luck with the new arrival, i hope the little bundle brings you lots of happiness, the best person in a persons life is often there gran! i no mine is :)

kah
29-06-11, 19:53
Hey, I'm no expert but your symptoms don't sound anything like ovarian cancer to me. I get the stitch like pain all the time, quite often before my period and GP has always put it down to IBS.

If you need the reassurance to be able to move on then go see your GP but I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about.

Hopefully a new baby to coo over will take your mind of your anxiety for a while and then you will realise it is just anxiety rather than something sinister.

Kerri-anne xx

MVP123
29-06-11, 20:14
thanx for the replies guys, this is seriously getting to me now as i am looking back over the last few weeks and connecting all my symptoms to cancer. And from doing my research this is one of the hardest cancers to diagnose as the symptoms mock many other conditions. I get the stitch pain on the other side as well sometimes, and my period is due so maybe that is due to that. I think the water infection really worried me as well, even though it has gone today, because i never get them and the pressure yesterday was really uncomfortable, omg i just wish i could stop worrying and wish my leg would stop aching :mad: Maybe when my daughter goes into labour i will be worrying about her so much that i will forget about my own ailments.

kah
29-06-11, 20:30
My CBT sessions taught me to look at myself from someone elses point of view. If a friend came to you with the same symptoms you are describing what would you think/say. 99% of the time I guarantee you wouldn't think the worst like we do about ourselves. Try it, it does make you think a bit more rationally.

Kerri-anne xx

MVP123
29-06-11, 20:41
Hi Kerri-Anne, i totally understand what you are saying and i am trying to think more rationally. I dont know why i have picked on ovarian cancer for my disease of the month! I think its just because i'm used to just having problems with headaches and stuff when I had anxiety before, but now i seem to be getting tummy stuff. Why do we always have to think the worst. I really am going to try and stop myself going to the doctors tomorrow but it is so damn tempting!!!

kah
29-06-11, 20:50
I totally understand, Ovarian Cancer has been one of my 'worries' too!!!
I also know what you mean about going to the docs, it's the reassurance we need. Having said that I usually come out feeling as bad as they've seen me so much over the past year that they now just put everything down to anxiety (or that's the way it seems!).

xxx

MVP123
30-06-11, 13:04
Urrgghhh I thought I was ok when I woke up this morning, but for the last few hours I have had really nausea, gas and heartburn and needing to go for a wee quite often. So I am still panicking about having ovarian cancer, I don't wanna eat anything as I have got no appetite at all. I'm getting really scared and I can't get an appt with my doc today so will have to wait til tomorrow. Has anyone got any calming words x

anxietyoverload
30-06-11, 13:17
im so sorry you couldnt get an appointment today, there is nothing worse, once iv decided i want to see my doctor, that is it, i want to go that day asap!!
I honestly believe you are fine, all the symptoms you have, iv had!
i was convinced i had ovarian cancer i was having discharge, and alot of it, along with nausia, no appatite, pains in my lover stomach and constant lower back ache...guess what...i went to my docs and it was all anxiety! but i no how real it seems, and im no professional so i no what i say will only make you feel better for a few mins x

MVP123
30-06-11, 13:29
Thanx for that, I've just got so many horrible thoughts running through my mind I just wanna start crying and never stop, but I can't cause I am with my daughter who is 9 months pregnant and having problems with her partner, so I am trying so hard to be strong for her. I know all my symptoms can be from a hundred different conditions, but my mind can't process this, it has to be the worst case scenario, I need to stop this and soon or I will be of no help to my daughter :-(