PDA

View Full Version : HA again :-(

rb1978
29-06-11, 19:19
I had my first bout of HA about 4 or 5 yrs ago, got prescribed Mirtazapine (which didn't really seem to do much) and got referred to a counsellor - 1 session where we achieved nothing. Now the HA has come back - prob cos it never got resolved in the first place.

It was triggered by 2 severe attacks of dizziness that occured in one morning. Saw a doc and got some tablets for vertigo. But it's triggered HA. My sinusses are always worse in summer, but every time I feel in any way woozy, I'm worried to death that I'll have a major dizziness episode. I haven't had one in nearly 6 weeks if I'm honest but the HA has got unbearable to the point where I think I'm almost triggering feelings of light-headedness and dizziness myself.

I've missed quite a bit of work lately due to anxiety related issues. I feel terrified going out and doing most things in case something happens...

Saw a doc about it and got prescribed citalopram. I'm ashamed to say I haven't taken it yet as I'm terrified of side effects. Does anyone have experience of it?

I live alone and don't have anyone whatsoever who can offer support so I am worried to death about starting Cit. Have read scary stuff. I'm on the verge of going back to the doc to ask for Mirtazapine. I can't remember it doing a great deal when I had it before but I remember there being no major side effects. I am also tracking down a CBT therapist to help.

I just feel like the whole thing is spiralling out of control. I almost feel I need to be signed off work because I can't keep being off here and there and feel so dreadful when I am there. But then would that be the kiss of death to my job?? I don't exactly have a hotshot career or anything - just a desk job, but still...

Sorry for rambling but everything's going mad right now. I feel so ashamed that yet again I can't cope and I don't even feel I have a plan of attack for how to deal with it.