PDA

View Full Version : Slight Chest Pressure

holly1986
29-06-11, 21:14
hey everyone
so ive been away from the board for a few months now because ive been feeling so much better.
But im still having problems. Im getting dizzy a lot during PMS (sorry guys!) and now i have this problem, which ive had before.
Basically i noticed i have this small pressure in my chest like someones holding a finger on it, its not painful or anything just a pressure. Im sure this is indigestion, because i can feel air everywhere else in my body but i just needed a wee bit of reassurance from everyone here that you too have had it and its just indigestion & not heart issues?

Yesterday i overdid the exercise and felt like i might faint but i had no chest pains or anything so surely if thats the case i mustnt have a heart condition or anything wrong?

i know that at 24 the chances of me havin heart problems (particularly when i had none present at birth) is ultra thin but it still bothers me sometimes. I just need some reassurance

Thanks!!
x

holly1986
29-06-11, 21:32
would really appreciate some advice? or even just to tell me youve had the same thing..

holly1986
29-06-11, 22:01
no one?

VioletWings
29-06-11, 23:08
Hey,
I know how it is so worry about chest pressure and the like! But if you've suffered with anxiety already it sounds like it's either tense muscles, or like you say maybe indigestion. As always, if it concerns you too much check with your doctor -but it doesn't sound like anything, sure it'll go off soon! (and PMS seems to bring symptoms of its own huh!!)
:hugs:

pinkpiglet
30-06-11, 02:21
Well, I suffer from indigestion problems and also from anxiety! I have been experiencing chest pressure for quite some many years now but it feels like someone is pushing their fingers into my windpipe, it lasts about several seconds but this can be enough to make my face go red (as if Im getting no air) Its still quite frightening and last year i was diagnosed with GERD so after reading up on it I realise that this could be an explaination for the chest/throat pressure. Maybe it would be worth suggesting this to your GP, see what he/she thinks.

holly1986
06-07-11, 19:24
thanks for the replies, im still getting it, im worried to the extent im convincing myself i have angina im in a bit of a mess tbh i need to sort myself out

x