PDA

View Full Version : 24 hours in A&E and medical programmes

leanne1980
29-06-11, 21:44
do any of you hate watching medical programmes, it makes me feel ill just watching it, even holby city etc i can feel my heart beating so fast :(
Leanne x

Dibbler
29-06-11, 21:50
I have to be very wary of watching House, for example, if my anxiety levels are too high. I start to listen too intently to the symptoms etc and then start to experience them..!!!

nomorepanic
29-06-11, 23:27
I am probably weird cos I love them all and have learned loads of medical info from such programmes.

weeble40
29-06-11, 23:46
i used to get the willies watching programmes like this especially if my health anxciety was high, but now i love em and just have to watch, i do understand your fears and used to get every symptom going, as with a good horror film a comfy cushion helps

Emms

Anxious_gal
29-06-11, 23:59
I watch them, I do rather like them, but it was the ones about rare diseases that took forever to diagnosise that made my health anxiety worse.
I have a habit of thinking o i better remember those symptoms in case I get that and will have to diagnosis my self !

James1983
02-07-11, 00:44
do any of you hate watching medical programmes, it makes me feel ill just watching it, even holby city etc i can feel my heart beating so fast :(
Leanne x

i am exactly the same i can't bear to watch any thing like that. it makes me more anxious.

daybyday
02-07-11, 01:11
Add me to the list. Especially House. Darn if I don't have their symptoms. Husband watches and says...."It is just a show, don't internalize it to yourself". But I think...'It could happen to me". After all it exists, so it applies to me.