PDA

View Full Version : possible kidney issues, can't stop worrying

unconditional
29-06-11, 22:53
well firstly hi everyone, i'm new here. :)
secondly.. i'm kinda terrified. i'm 16 and i have had severe health anxiety for about 3 years now. but this time i'm not sure if it's just HA or something legitimate.. this is a long one so thanks if you read it.

since i was 13 i've been getting urinary tract infections. about two weeks ago i went to a walk-in clinic because i had the symptoms of a UTI (pressure in the bladder area, frequent urination). however the doctor said there was no bacteria in my urine so i couldn't have one. she did say that there was a small amount of protein in my urine and recommended i see my GP. so i did, and he told me that the amount of protein was so small that he wasn't concerned at all. he even did another urine test and found nothing abnormal. he did recommend i get an ultrasound but i'm not sure if he really thought i needed one or it was just to make me feel better, he knows i have health anxiety and has done a blood test for me in the past to ease my mind.

well since then i've been noticing pain in my lower back area, around where the kidneys are. it's not a constant pain and usually it's dull, but occasionally i'll get a sharp jab. i'm so worried about kidney disease that i've been inspecting my urine for anything weird. and so far, nothing. no blood or anything.

i got the ultrasound today and i'm completely sure that my doctor will call and say my kidneys are abnormal.. i'm terrified. is there any chance my kidney pain is caused by anxiety?? have any of you ever experienced back pain brought on by anxiety?
oh and this is probably not it, but i was thinking maybe they didn't detect the bacteria and i actually have a kidney infection and am slowly dying...is that possible?
and i know this will come up so, yes, i did google kidney disease..and found that i match a few of the symptoms...

gaaah im a mess. so scared. thanks everyone :)