PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Gemini
26-04-06, 18:56
Hi all, this is the first time I have used this site, I have suffered with Anxiety on and off for the past 6 years, have been on and off different medications. I am at the moment trying to come off Citalopram but am finding it difficult. I am thinking of giving acupuncture a try to see if it helps with the anxiety. Has anyone used this method or has anyone got any advice for me. Thanks Gemini

nomorepanic
26-04-06, 18:59
Hi Gemini

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

There are some current posts about acupuncture. If you enter that as a search word in the "search" facility at the top right hand side of the forum you will find the posts.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

molly15
26-04-06, 19:12
hi gemma welcome to nmp u will get lots of advice hear and make new friends.i have had accupucture a few times for nausea and headaches ,it did help the nausea but ever1 is different.it wont hurt to try it. marciaxx

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

shiv
26-04-06, 19:23
Hello and a warm welcome.

As for acupuncture; never tried it but know people who have tried it for various problems and found it beneficial. Anything's worth trying isn't it.

Shiv x

trac67
26-04-06, 19:38
Hi Gemini,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Alexandra
27-04-06, 09:25
Hi Gemini

Welcome to the forum.

T=you will find lots of help & support on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

jill
27-04-06, 11:23
Hi Genini :D

WELCOME TO THE SITE

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

JILLXXX

When you fear something
learn as much about it as you can
Knowledge conquers fear

jackie
27-04-06, 19:38
hi gemima. i think everything is worth a try but for me things like this site. books like the claire weekes one self help for yuor nerves and friends were a better help than the treatments

jackie

May Day
30-04-06, 17:39
Hi Gemini

Welcome to the site. The help of good friends is very effective and you'll find plenty of them here. I know someone who gave up smoking by using acupuncture and i've heard it's worth trying for other conditions. It may be worth a try.

Take care

May

The brightest, sunniest day may follow the darkest, stormiest night ... enjoy the sun