PDA

View Full Version : Stabbing Pain in Left Ovary

turnthelighton
30-06-11, 05:53
Hi, does anyone get mid cycle pain. For the last two months I get a sharp stabbing pain which comes and goes for a couple of days mid cycle. Last month it was right side and this month it is left. Kept waking me up last night!!

Thanks for any advice

Klonoa
30-06-11, 06:48
Sounds like ovulation pain?

Found this on google (no fear mongering don't worry!)

About one in five women experience pain during ovulation that can last from a few minutes to 48 hours.
Ovulation pain is usually harmless, but can sometimes indicate various medical conditions such as endometriosis.
See your doctor if your ovulation pain lasts longer than three days or is associated with other unusual menstrual symptoms, such as heavy bleeding.

Unless you have other symptoms (such as pain during sex, heavy periods, shooting pains outside of your cycle) I doubt its endo, just keep an eye on it. But the fact you've had it either side (and not at the same time) makes it sound pretty normal :)

turnthelighton
30-06-11, 06:54
Thank you Klonoa. :-)

Klonoa
30-06-11, 06:56
No problem, just sorry you are in pain in the first place! :hugs:

anxietyoverload
30-06-11, 07:42
i get a horrible stabbing pain before and during my period the comes from one side to the other, arnt men lucky!

turnthelighton
30-06-11, 12:49
Its on and off, hoping it is ovulating pain :-)

s11fyx
30-06-11, 14:03
yep ovulation pain.

people who are trying to concieve would go made for you pain lol

if its really bad heat rub helps and so pain killers x

turnthelighton
30-06-11, 15:59
Thank you. I will try a hot water bottle and more pain killers x

s11fyx
30-06-11, 21:42
if you have heat rub like what you would put on a sore back or neck that works amazing

debs71
30-06-11, 22:04
Yes, it definitely sounds like ovulation pain.

The side it occurs is usually the side that the egg is being released from and alternates the following month and so on.

Normal pain relief like paracetamol should help and also helpful is the antispasmodic drug buscopan which you can get over the counter. When mine is bad I use a heat pad which helps as well.xx

turnthelighton
01-07-11, 06:54
Thanks for peoples replies, I slept better last nigh. Slight niggles this morning, day 3 but hopefully it will go if not then I will ring the doctor.

LucyLiz
05-07-11, 18:04
i get this too? it's really intense, but only lasts for a few seconds? I worry it's a reputured cyst but then it goes! no ideas...

turnthelighton
08-07-11, 15:21
Thanks for your replies. Came on today so must of been ovulating pain. Though my cycle was shorter than normal only 24 days :-(

haynsey
10-07-11, 15:19
Yep, i have this pain the last 2 days on and off, it is frightening but natural. I two get paranoid about it and think the worst...:)

Mogwog
11-07-11, 11:31
I get this - infact I get all sorts of pains throughout the month, stabbing, shooting, aching etc, I just put it all down to my cycle.

Hope you're feeling better.xxx

turnthelighton
11-07-11, 16:49
Oh to be a woman eh! Thanks for all the replies. I am feeling better thank you but I think I have managed to pull another muscle cleaning the bathroom ceiling again...dont ask lol. I need to get fit. xx

Klonoa
12-07-11, 04:36
lol I'm sorry to hear that, glad the other pains are gone though :D

turnthelighton
12-07-11, 18:28
Feel a lot better, thank you x

kah
16-07-11, 18:24
I've had really bad shooting pains in my left ovary today and some period like pains yesterday. I only finished my period on Monday so don't think it's ovulation pains. My last 2 periods have been a bit strange too, the last one only lasted 4 days and was really heavy the first day then only spotting for the following 3 days. The one before that lasted 12 days, the first 7 very light spotting then the last 5 like a normal period. Any ideas??????

turnthelighton
17-07-11, 13:41
I finished my period last week, on for 7 days and was a week early for me. Now I have aches down below....not sure what is going on. Have the docs this week so I will mention to him. How old are you Kah if you dont mind me asking?

kah
17-07-11, 15:18
I'm 36, you?

K xx

turnthelighton
17-07-11, 18:04
41, wondered if it is an age thing. How are you feeling?

kah
17-07-11, 20:02
Hi,

Still got the ovary pains, thanks for asking. How are you???

K xx

turnthelighton
17-07-11, 20:12
Still got achy pains in that area, all feels wierd but not sure if that is my HA going into over drive. Hope your pains go soon, it can be quite painfull. xx

kah
17-07-11, 20:19
Thanks. I've had these pains before and usually they just go on their own. Last Sept I had an ultrasound just to make sure there was nothing sinister going on and all was fine so I'm trying to keep that in mind.

Hope your pain gets better very soon too.

K xx

turnthelighton
18-07-11, 16:43
Have period like pains all day today :-( like my period is going to start. Hope not though as I only finished last week. Have doctors tomrrow

lauraebowes
22-07-11, 15:02
hiya hun, have you started the contraceptive pill recently? i started it about 3 months ago and since then everytime im due on i get the exact pain doc told me it was just the change in your menstral cycle hope you get better soon

turnthelighton
22-07-11, 15:08
Hello, no I stopped this year after only being on it for 3 months. Thanks for the post

Cat80
24-07-11, 15:24
I get stabbing pains on and off all month in my right ovary, sharp at times. I am 31 and on the pill. In the last 6 months my periods have gone virtually pain free which is weird because even on the pill they were painful for 2 days and also lighter. Heavy first day then lighter on the other 3, very weird.