PDA

View Full Version : panics back and don't know what 2 do

kg
26-04-06, 18:58
hi guys,

i feel really fed up as after a few weeks of no panic, through positive thinking and exercise, it is back. I have had an awful day 2day . I went to work but have felt bad all day. I keep feeling like i am going to faint and feel dizzy. Also couldn't manage much of my lunch as was finding it hard too swallow. I just wanted to burst into tears. I know deep down its panic but i start worrying that there is something else wrong and it has been missed coz of the pa's. I work in an operating theatre, so i took my blood preassure pulse and oxygen saturation while i was at work - all text book ! but knowing this hasn't really helped.
i can't take meds at the moment as me and my husband r trying 4 a baby. I just feel really tearful and frightened and i don't know what to do. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
sorry to sound off but when i am feeling bad this site is one of the few places that can calm me down love kate x:(

molly15
26-04-06, 19:08
hi katie wat u described is classic anxiety symptoms .u are having a setback unfortunatley they happen its just the long proscess of recovery but dont let a blip pull u down ,remember how well u have been doing and get back on track u are doing the right things especially exersicing that really will help.sometimes wen we start to get anxous again its our bodies way of saying take a step back and take things easy for a few days.u will beat this it just takes time and patience.u are doing great try and see that and be proud of wat u have achevid so far .marcaxx

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

shiv
26-04-06, 19:20
Don't worry about sounding off; we all do it.

I'm not having a great day either, but I'm trying to stay positive and tomorrow doesn't necessarily have to be like today does it? It might be just a blip. On the road to recovery there are odd bad days ; doesn't mean it's back to stay.

Keep positive

Shiv x

trac67
26-04-06, 19:42
Hi Kate,

Just put it down to 'one of those days' and think tomorrow is a new day, stay positive and don't allow this to get you down.

Just remember the good days far outway the bad ones and you will be fine.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Keitharcher
26-04-06, 19:43
Katie

the one thing about this site is that you do not have to apologise we all understand. Its a blip, you will get them but as soon as you recoginise its a blip the less frequent they will come. Hope you are over it soon and feeling better again, remeber making positives out of negatives removes any troubles that the negative could cause

Keith

ashley
26-04-06, 22:37
kate darling, i am sorry that you are feeling bad again.. its awful isnt it..just when you think ya out of the woods it shows its ugly face again huh, well thats not fair i know.. but it does happen ..and part of the recovery process it to have setbacks..you will get through this love ..everyone does.. it cant harm you i promise you that for fact,, it may feel that way but it wont and it cant lovey.

Remember if there was seriously ill..it woulnt give you a break for 2 weeks now would it..think about that..

hope things get easyier.

ashley

Wenjoy
27-04-06, 08:41
Hi Kate
I know its scary but you are doing great - I get good and bad days with my PA's and you have to remember that you are doing really great and WILL get through this.
Keep smiling.Love Wenjoyx

MrsCluggy
28-04-06, 16:20
Hey Katy,

Sorry to hear about your bad couple of days. They do and will happen now and again, it just makes you appreciate the good days even more.

The symptoms of you feeling dizzy and faint could just be down to the fact that you couldn't eat your lunch and your body was just telling you to eat something.

As you've checked your meds yourself, you know that it's nothing physical that's happening to you. It's negative thoughts that are provoking your body into going into panic mode. Once you add a rational explanation to your bodily symptoms (dizziness, faint feelings), you can dispel your panicky thoughts and remain calm.

Every single one of us has days when we feel like absolute crap. We're only human and we can't keep going like robots without feeling off now and again.

You are doing really, really well, Katy. Keep going, don't give up.

You're awesome.

Kind regards.

Jackie xxx

If the opportunity doesn't knock .... build a door.