PDA

View Full Version : do they actually mean 2 weeks?

xhyperyogix
30-06-11, 11:55
Hello there. Minor dilemma. Referred by doc for cbt just over 2 weeks ago she said they'd call me in 2 weeks for an initial chat, then go from there. So my question is did she actually mean two weeks in which case should I call her and ask what's happened. Or did she mean around two weeks but could be longer? She did say two but I can never tell if people mean exactly what they say or I'm supposed to know it means something else!! I don't want to request a ring back from my doc if I'm asking a stupid question and I just need to be:hugs: patient. She's been really lovely and supportive, seeing me every week and blocking out 30 mins for me. Anyone have any thoughts, or experience with this thing. To be honest I've no idea who is even going to call me. I really should pay more attention!! Or maybe ask my counsellor........

Love hyperyogi ;)

nomorepanic
30-06-11, 12:17
"Or did she mean around two weeks but could be longer"

I would guess that she meant

Saying that I was put on the list in July 2010 and still waiting to hear back.

debs71
30-06-11, 12:34
Was she referring you urgently?

Urgent referrals are now no longer than 2 weeks give or take a few days. If she felt your need for CBT was urgent then I would assume that is why she said 2 weeks as they don't usually commit to a timeline otherwise.

I had a 2 week referral a few months back when a lump was found in my breast and I was seen around 16 days after seeing my GP.

Good luck.xxx:)

xhyperyogix
01-07-11, 23:36
well i don't think i'm urgent! i would have been a few months ago, but then the doc was seeing me every week to check up on me,. now she has sort of handed me over to these other people who haven;t called. hmmm, i think i'll see it out til next week, then maybe call her and ask...

thanks soo much for all your replies!!

v appreciated xxxxxx