PDA

View Full Version : Sore Neck

sandy40
30-06-11, 15:49
Im having a bad time,my neck has been sore since last weekend and im in a state about it...its mainly the left side but can go across the back to the right,the bottom of my head is sore too,im crying as i type as im scared whats wrong? does anyone get this?

nomorepanic
30-06-11, 15:59
You have probably slept funny - my neck is sore in those places as well.

MidnightCalm
30-06-11, 16:02
I get pains in my neck all the time, have for years, they can last agessss for me.x

sandy40
30-06-11, 16:06
Im worried its a tumour,i cant stop crying,it came on last saturday,i went for a massage on tues thinking it would help but its not.

nomorepanic
30-06-11, 16:09
Well I don't think it is a tumour. It is probably muscular to be honest.

sandy40
30-06-11, 16:20
Ive jsut spoke to my CPN,ive to take a extra Olanzapine just now and try and calm down..would my neck still be sore from sleeping wrong from last weekend?

snowgoose
30-06-11, 16:38
Hi Sandy:)
had exactly the same thing ............mine caused by getting hair washed back over sink at hairdresser [already so tense from going there in first place !]
it took about 3 weeks to go and my doc told me it was muscular.
have you got one of those heat packs you put in microwave ?
they are excellent .get one if you havent got one xx

also I bought new pillows and watch how I sleep now .........restrict to only two now ...place your neck carefully Sandy.

you will be fine honest ..............dont let panic take hold .......neck pain is very common and our posture when anxious is bad usually ........we slump and stoop .
hold yourself up and do your breathing exercises xxxx
take care .........this is a common problem and is not serious .:hugs:

sandy40
30-06-11, 16:48
Oh Snowgoose,im a bloody state again,bad as ever.Oh i hope you are right,i wash my hair over the sink everyday.Ive got a pack for the micro wave so i'll give it a go,i cannot think straight at all x

kah
30-06-11, 16:56
Hey Sandy,

What happens with me is this....I have a genuine pain somewhere which I obviously pick up on straight away (which someone without HA wouldn't pay any attention to at all!!) and my mind keeps telling me it's still there for weeks and weeks. Now I only know that the pain is not real because many times in the past I would have a pain, go to the GP who would send me for tests, get the 'all-clear' and the pain magically disappears instantly!

Don't under-estimate the power of the mind!
Kerri-anne xx

P.S. Message me on FB if you want to chat hun xx

snowgoose
30-06-11, 17:03
Hi Sandy

your Olanzapine should be kicking in now Sandy ............hope you feel less anxious love :hugs:

you go to let these scary thoughts go and float away now .............read and reread your answers here .........find your rational hat and put it on eh?
It is so hard I know when in the state of panic .
but you must try my love to challenge these scared health thoughts .
So many of us get stiff sore necks Sandy .......loads of reasons and when we are tense it is one of the first places for muscular pain and tension .
have a soothing bath and put the neck wrap on after . put some nice music on .

you will be fine :bighug1:

sandy40
30-06-11, 17:21
Hi,the pain goes over my shoulder as well,is that normal...crikey listen to me!!!Why cant i have a sore whatever and just take painkillers until it goes away or wait a week or 2 then go to my GP? is there someone trying to tell me something or im a just over anxious? this time last year i wouldnt have gave it a second thought..a warm bath,heat pad and some painkillers...i thought the massage would of helped but its not,the girl said she could feel the tension in my shoulders.x

nomorepanic
30-06-11, 18:24
Washing your hair over a bath won't help either Sandy.

You didn't mention before that the woman doing the massage said you had tension.

Believe that is all it is and move on from this and don't give it a second thought and it will settle down soon enough.

tnt808
30-06-11, 18:55
Sandy,

I had this exact pain a few days ago! I was thinking it was something different (won't dare mention what I thought). I was a mess over it, I ended up being okay, because no amount of worrying will change a thing even IF it is something!

Instead of thinking *what if it's this? what if it's that?* Think *what if it's NOTHING* ? Hard to do I know, but it makes sense, and makes us realize how much time and energy we waste on anxiety.

Feel better soon hun x

sandy40
30-06-11, 19:25
Hi I went for a massage and i felt it really painful around my neck/shoulders the girl said she could feel the tension,how do they know? im worried it was something else she felt..my mind never shut off.x

nomorepanic
30-06-11, 19:32
You can feel tense muscles. She did NOT feel anything else.