PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

barry2010
30-06-11, 17:59
Hey folks,

I'm someone who has suffered from anxiety (and depression) for as long as I can remember - but only diagnosed with it as a teenager. Now I'm approaching my 22nd birthday and anxiety plagues me now to a greater degree than it did when I was young. It interferes with my university studies, my social relationships - pretty much everything I do. It's especially prominent as it relates to a fear of death; ironically, that fear is preventing me from really "living" and enjoying life. It seems to follow me or just pop up wherever I go. I'm a hypochondriac - the slightest physical ailment causes me immense fear.

Lately I've been at wits' end and dissatisfied with the care I've received from a psychiatrist, a therapist and from group counseling sessions. I figured it would help to find a community of like-minded people - maybe just the camaraderie of it would help. I've got nothing to lose, it feels like.

Not much else to say about me.. I'm a pretty simple guy.. That's about it. I mean, there's a lot more to me than that, but I shan't bore you with the details.
...how are you lot doing today ?

diane07
30-06-11, 18:02
Hi barry2010

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

paula lynne
30-06-11, 21:09
Hi Barry, welcome aboard, great to have you with us and thanks for sharing.:welcome: