PDA

View Full Version : Everything is working me up

phil06
30-06-11, 20:58
The past week or two my anxiety has peaked where everything is bugging me. Small to big like tonight I got a new bed cover with a pattern and im connived it's giving me a headache, my OCD has been bad with fears of contamination too.

I have a job interview tomorrow and I had an interview same place in 2009 never got the job so not too confident. I also applied to the same type of work got a interview two weeks ago and never got it so my confidence is low and just feel all worked up and stressed over it.

Also had a major panic attack uptown as I had a late lunch and was weak and was attacked by seagulls on my way for the bus. So I experienced some real fight or flight responses today too.

Just feeling sorry for myself lately everybody is bugging me like on Facebook seeing all your friends or ex work mates getting on and me miserable. Just feel my mind is overloaded and can't relax..I feel even more tired as I sit up till about 3am most nights of the week on dating sites I try go to bed watch tv but end up some how browsing online even if it's my phone..just feel I'm going crazy? :shrug:

DEBBZ
30-06-11, 22:07
im just the same phill i have suffered on and off for years but never been as bad as i was when first had it 13 years ago but then out of blue last monday bang it hit me and i have been bad the last 4 days and like you every one getting on nerves as every one else seems to be geeting on in life and i feel awful , and feel like im carring the world on my shoulder , i find my self now trying to work out whats wrong with me and why now
im such a out going person with great family and loads of friends but feel awful inside aggghhhhhhh

Luna
30-06-11, 22:51
Looking for work is so hard. It's great your battling the anxiety and getting out there and doing interviews. I'm in a part time job looking for full-time but it seems so difficult to find work at the moment. You definitely need staying power!

When I'm feeling left out of life I like to think of the things I have that I would not have if I was born a hundred years ago like central heating and the internet.
Yeah, it's a life I can enjoy even if I've not got a brilliant career or a shiny car.

Good luck on your interview tomorrow.

Anxious_gal
01-07-11, 00:00
Hey Phil, when my anxiety gets bad I am a different person, I get irratinal thoughts and struggle to think straight,
I have gotten gone through the fear of having allergic reactions to every thing, the shampoo one was the worst, I would panic every time I washed my hair!
The food one sucked too mind you :)
You could try washing the new bed sheets, I dunno if that would help.
I can be weird too about certain colors or patterns, my bed sheets are mainly white but for the pattern at the end of it!

I hope your job interview goes well :)
AH Facebook is bad for comparing yourself with other people :(

You really do need some help in terms of coping with your anxiety, I know you've already tried a few things.
I hope you can find something that will help x

phil06
01-07-11, 14:22
Got job interview in an hour so so..

quite scared even the thought of leaving home..ahhh :ohmy:

I use to get a little excited aswell as nerves but these days I just feel dread and I'm like "omg how can I work" "how can I get past the interview"..its alls scarey! :weep:

Anxious_gal
01-07-11, 21:37
I hate that, I'm the same way which can be so depressing, instead of getting excited over meeting my friends and things I get anxious and scared :(
It's hard to have fun when your anxiety takes over.
well done for getting the interview :)

phil06
02-07-11, 13:15
Well the good news is I pushed myself to go to the interview used some rescue remedy.

Bad news got up this morning, checked my email and there it was never got the job feels very deflating :blush:I felt the interview went well it was only a 5 min chat but seems yet again it wasn't to be.