PDA

View Full Version : Knackered nashers!!

mel1972
30-06-11, 21:11
I am so worried, I was due to have a root canal but waited to long and now my tooth has broken and will need extracting! It's been dodgy for about a month and the gum around it is sore and I little swollen! Today I've felt so sick, headache and toothache! Now I'm paranoid I've got gum disease.. Im so scared of dentists because a) worried they are gonna think bad of me and b) I can't have anethestic as my mum died under a general! So am scared stiff of going but worried if I don't the worse is gonna happen!
Why am I scared of absolutely everything! Grr

no_name
30-06-11, 21:18
It's normal for the gum to be sore and swollen, as is the head/tooth ache but it's completely curable, just go to the dentist and don't worry. Nothing bad can happen to you, but the pain eventually may become very annoying...

cattttt
01-07-11, 06:16
Go soon, it will be worse if you don't. You won't need a general anaesthetic and dentists see worse teeth than yours. They also see terrified people all the time, so get along there and get it sorted out, you'll feel much better.

blueangel
01-07-11, 10:56
Agree with Catttt here - I've had several teeth out and they were all done with just a local anaesthetic. I used to be really crap with dentists but am fine now as I managed to find one who understood that I was hugely anxious about it all. It's worth it to get rid of the pain, and it's remarkably quick - a root canal takes about an hour but having one taken out takes about 5 minutes!