PDA

View Full Version : In tears and back to being very frightened, need some reassurance :( Cancer fear

ElectricAlice
30-06-11, 21:19
I know this is quite a long post, but please if you could bear with me and read it if you can, I would truely, truely be so greatful and will help in return in any way I can. Thank you so much.

Hi guys, well I lasted about a week without getting any major fears about my health. Although obviously some kept creeping up.

But now i've been sitting since about 4 o'clock, absolutely shaking and crying about this fear. :weep:

It's the breast cancer fear again :weep:

Basically I was doing really well at accepting the fact my left breast was warmer than the other (after chronic fear of imflammatory breast cancer and 2 trips to the docs who said everything was ok). I finished my period and my left it still slightly warmer, this wasn't really worrying me,

BUT all last week the same breast has been pretty tender and I get random pains in it. The other one isn't that bad. I'm not on my period. But I am at the fertile stage right now, i'm not sure whether this can cause breast pain, especially in one breast.

Okay but THIS is whats REALLY worrying me.

I found a red mark, I can't really remember exactly what it looked like because I immediately felt sick and terrified, but it was a small red spot type thing, I think it had a little scab on it. So I sort of picked at it :| And I think it might be an in-grown hair. So I got the tweezers and started pulling at whatever was there. And it sort of feels like there is quite a few splinter type things there. (I know that sounds dramatic, it's more on a minimal level) Like I can pull at something and it sort of rises up, but I can't get it out.

I have NO idea if it is just an ingrown hair - and if so, should I just ignore it? Will it go away? Or is it just fiberus breast tissue or something? I've been prodding and pulling at it with tweezers and it's bleeding now because of that. So I used some anti bacterial spray and had a bath, etc.

But i'm so, so worried it's basically a sign of breast cancer, like some sore or something :(. And i'm worried there's something underneath the skin too.

I'm not sure if I should go to the DR's again, because I don't know if this will just repeat my worry cycle.

If anyone could help me out here I would REALLY, REALLY appriciate it. So so much. I just can't stop thinking about it and I can't relax. I keep thinking the worst as usual.

Thank you for reading if you have. Anything at all might help me here.

Love :hugs:

countrygirl
30-06-11, 21:36
I get tiny red spots on both breasts that sometimes can get quite red round them and they have hard little heads like scabs. They tend to resolve themselves in a week and I have always had them - one time I had two that were quite red around them and I was panicking a bit but they cleared up themselves within the week. They are obviously harmless.
Remember inflammtory breast cancer is extremely rare and from what I have read would give either a big rash or like a abcess.

Would going back to your Dr help at all??? How old are you??? If you are over 40 would having a mammogram put your mind at rest or if you are under 40 would going to the breast clinic help at all- you could ask your Dr about this.

ElectricAlice
30-06-11, 21:38
Thanks for your reply, do you think yours were ingrown hairs? And they just went away by themselves yeah?

I'm 22, and I have no family history of breast cancer as far as I'm aware.

It's just the combination of the one breast being warmer, more sore and now this thing that i've found :( It's scaring me so much. It feels so weird when I pull at it. Like there's a splinter or something, but I can't get it out :(

bronte
30-06-11, 21:40
Hi one of my breast is tender most of the time its also alot lumpier and ive had random marks appear and disapear i honestly dont think you have breast cancer at the worst it could be abit of mastitis but nothing serious x

ElectricAlice
30-06-11, 22:14
I just feel like my whole life is a joke and I'm NEVER going to get over this. I really don't know what to do.

hyper
30-06-11, 22:36
Hey Electric Alice,
Try to remember that your Dr says its nothing to worry about and they do not take chances on anything to do with the breast. You will make it sore by poking tho so you could go back to your Dr just to check you havnt got mastitis. Do you have a bad back at all. My friend had shooting pains in 1 breast and it was coz she had pulled a muscle in her back. Good luck and try to stay positive x x