PDA

View Full Version : really thought i was getting over this :(

anxietyoverload
01-07-11, 10:32
Hiii

I really thought i was getting over my anxiety...but apparently not!!

I made a post about this fact that there is always blood in my nose, since i started blowing all the time due to a cold. im getting small deep red blood clots. cant help thinking its a brain tumour or something!!

Please can someone give me some advice to put my mind at rest,

Thank you x

MinnieMouse
01-07-11, 10:45
Hi Anxietyoverload

If you've been blowing your nose so much then you have probably burst a small blood vessel that's all. Some people are more prone to nose bleeds and need to get them treated but sounds like your's is from over blowing. Don't worry and take a more gentle approach when you blow and I'm sure it will stop.

MMx

anxietyoverload
01-07-11, 10:52
Thank You MM

It bleeds every day, but because of this horrible cold, im having to blow everday, but now im noticing that the blood must be leaking during the night too :(

MinnieMouse
01-07-11, 11:05
Hi AnxietyOverload

You may need to get it seen to by the doctor or nose - they may need to cauterise (not sure if spelt correctly) to stop it bleeding. Have you spoken to your GP about your fears?

MMx

anxietyoverload
01-07-11, 11:18
Its not dripping out of my nose or anything, its not like a nose bleed. no not spoken to the GP about this, My family seem to think its just the weakened vessels bleeding from blowing so much.
It couldnt actually be a tumour could it!?
x

debs71
01-07-11, 11:43
Hi,

It is not a tumour. The first signs of a tumour would not be a bleeding nose. When you have a cold and are frequently blowing your nose, the nasal lining is already irritated and inflamed because of your cold, and the blowing breaks small vessels in the nasal lining causing the bleeding.What is probably happening is the bleeding clots off and then you blow again and the clots are dislodged. Once your cold settles this should all sort itself out. This is par for the course when blowing and sneezing a lot I'm afraid.

If you had a brain tumour the symptoms would be entitely different so please try to put this out of your mind.

Take care and get well soon.x

ItchyOne
04-07-11, 06:39
I get this very often too. My nose tends to bleed when I blow my nose too hard. It's not dripping out of my nose, but when I roll a piece of tissue and stuff it in my nostril, I get blood. Last month, this freaked me out because the blood backflow to my throat causing me to cough out.. well, blood. Deep red blood.
If you're getting this too, remember, do not lie down immediately or you may choke on your own blood. Do not blow your nose too hard, a gentle sniff is fine. And do not do streneous activities during a nose bleed, it may aggravate it.
But like debs71 said, you do not have a tumour. :)