PDA

View Full Version : panic not sure if its me or the citalipram i just started

cathycrumble
01-07-11, 16:36
I have just had a thought which then spirled into a panic and i know the thought is silly as i have give myself positive thoughts to over come this fear i have but i am not sure if it was the fact that i have just started back on citalipram and it's made my anxiety worse is hava a fear about bloodpressure which may i ad is fine and under controle but i wish my mind would take this onboard I need advise please

Cathycrumble x:ohmy:

Ingenious
01-07-11, 20:20
If you have just started on Citalopram then it's very likely you could be suffering from the side effects of this. The side effects can last for a little while but should gradually get better over the next couple of weeks. It's a bit unfortunate that with anxiety and the likes it only takes a little trigger thing to create a problem, and these drugs often make us more sensitive to start with. It can also be frightening getting odd side effects especially if you wrongly take them to be something more serious.

So, I would say to hang in there, it may be a rocky ride to start with, but it will get better. As always, if things get really bad or you're worried, speak to your GP who will put your mind at rest. If you look over the posts in this forum it seems quite common that you can feel a little rough to begin with (my personal experience too).

Klonoa
01-07-11, 20:55
Yes it's most likely to do with your medication, fluoxetine is in the same group and sent me all over the place for the last few weeks and only now settling down.

Sometimes doctors prescribe something additional to help anxiety while waiting for the SSRIs to take effect so if it's so bad that you can't ride it out, see if they can recommend anything else.

Hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

Brokenmum
01-07-11, 21:12
The first week or two of taking the same tablets, I did feel that they were not working until all of a sudden I started to feel a change, I was smiling more, I was more confident and having conversations face to face rather than looking away and staring at the floor. It does vary in many on how it works for them. But please give it time and I promise you (if they are the right ones for you) that you will see a great difference in yourself. It just takes that extra little bit of time for it to work it's magic.

Hang in there xx