PDA

View Full Version : Slurred Speech

firef
01-07-11, 20:36
Hi Guys

Need help

I know that Im probably suffering from anxiety, but cant exactly pinpoint the cause of it?? I know for sure that its stress because I have diagnosed many people with anxiousness working at a GP practice. Since last 2 weeks I have developed this slurring of speech which is making me more anxious. The words get mixed up in my head & when I try to talk faster I start slurring. If I keep my pace of speech slow & think before vocalising, It doesn't bother me & I pronounce everything correctly. I just have to put extra effort now during my speech so that I dont embarass myself in front of others. Has anyone experienced similar symptoms...Will it every go away???Im really confused & becoming more & more anxious now just because of this slurring...Would love to hear any stories to which I can relate to .......

M.G

Klonoa
01-07-11, 20:49
I've had this for a while and since I've been on prozac it is definitely gotten better. I still do it on occasion, that and stuttering but since convincing myself that it really isn't Parkinsons or anything crazy bad I'm sure it will clear up.

I had a friend who's stuttering was also part of her anxiety, she is doing very well these days.

Do you have a slow mind, forgetful memory or fog like thinking as well?

One of the more important things I have found about taking on all the aspects of my anxiety, my speech, my thinking, my general output is not to punish/berate/be disapointed by my lack of able to do things and instead focus on tasks I am completing or little things I am doing well.