PDA

View Full Version : Problem with eyes...

frickinorange
01-07-11, 20:40
For the past few months my eyes have been feeling extremely lazy/exhausted all the time. I find it really difficult to focus on things, and I feel like the most comfortable thing to do with my eyes would be to relax them by keeping them crossed. I don't because I know it's probably really bad for you to do that, and obviously it's really stupid, but my point is that my eyes are always SO tired and it's so hard to focus. I got my eyes checked out and they're completely fine, so I just want to know...do I need to just work on better habits? Could this be because of general anxiety/depression? It's not only when I don't get a lot of sleep. I also feel like when I switch from looking at one thing to looking at something else, it takes a really long time to focus and become clear. What's the deal? :weep:

Veronica H
02-07-11, 01:22
I read somewhere that this is because of tension in the eye muscles caused by anxiety. It can also be because with anxiety and panic we tend not to go outdoors as much as other people and so don't cast our eyes into the distance enough...preferring as we do to closely monitor ourselves instead:) Vx

daybyday
02-07-11, 02:03
Good Points Veronica.
I notice when my anxiety is up my vision isn't as crisp. And yes, being inside and maybe much on close sight, we don't use all our fields of vision as much.