PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to go to the hospital? Can I die? (kinda urgent)

unconditional
02-07-11, 05:31
Okay so it is now early Saturday morning and I've been constipated since Wednesday. I'm pretty sure it's impacted because I took milk of magnesia and I've been emptying liquid from my bowels...at first it was diarrhea, now it's like brown water (sorry tmi) but I still feel more in there, like hard stool that won't come out. I've been drinking so much water and I can't get it out. I tried senokot s at first too, and nothing.
The earliest I can get to a doctor is probably Monday, is that okay or is this urgent?? And can I get treated at a walk-in clinic or do I need to go to the hospital? Im only 16 and i know my mom wont take me to the emergency room. I'm kinda freaking out. And I'm super hungry cuz I'm afraid eating will make it worse so all I've had is fruit and popcorn :(
I'm so scared this is gonna kill me

looking4answers
02-07-11, 05:57
You are in no danger and dont need to go to the hospital. You are panicing and thre is no need to. Just relax and let things come natually. I know people that dont have but one bowel movement a week and they dont die. Just relax and settle down and if things arent better by monday and you are still worried about it then see about going to the dr. But im sure you will be ok. take care and relax

unconditional
02-07-11, 06:25
Thanks, that helped a lot. I'm more calm now but still worried, cause I've read about impaction. on this very website, actually...

macc noodle
02-07-11, 08:27
Can I just say that you need to do the following:-

(1) drink plenty of water - warm water is excellent (ie., boiled water that has cooled down)

(2) don't stop eating - popcorn and fruit does not consititute a very healthy diet and will not help the situation. Try and eat foods with natural fibre in them.

(3) take some exercise - very often a good long walk can help get the body going and help you with going to the loo.

(4) Don't panic - try the above and see what happens ..........................

Good luck

Macc Noodle

PS: I don't think anyone ever actually died from not going to the loo for a couple of days - so please do not worry.

PanchoGoz
02-07-11, 11:13
You think that's bad...I havn't needed to go since monday :L
I think my record was 9 days of constipation when I was little. I mean...wow.
Lots of good adivce above ^^

pb
02-07-11, 20:49
Ive had this, its like an overflow from being constipated. Its very uncomfortable, but not life threatening. Going to your gp on monday should be fine x

unconditional
02-07-11, 22:52
Thanks everyone. Pb, could you tell me what the treatment was? How long it took? I'm just worried this won't go away...