PDA

View Full Version : alful anxiety

siobhanshiels
02-07-11, 14:25
iv only just registered with this site, i need to speak about what im currently experiencing, im only 21 years old and have been having severe panic attacks since i was 18, i believe it all started when i messed around with drugs with my friends at parties i couldnt handle them simple as that, it should have just been a one off attack, but they kept continuing. they eased a bit at 20...i got pregnant with my son, but after i had him...im constantly anxious now scared of dying, scared of leaving my son motherless, they are my main concerns. i cant go out like a normal 21 year old and enjoy a few drinks with my friends i hav'nt taken any drugs since i was 19, so i find it unfair that i cant go out after looking after my son all week and let my hair down...because i truly believe i am going to die and i struggle to look after my son then...i believe i put to much on myself to be the perfect mum and i dont think this helps...can someone please offer me some advice on how to manage these attacks whilst living my life to the full...its making me depressed. thank u...polly

Tommya77
02-07-11, 17:59
Please hang in there. I am suffering from Anxiety as I type this, but don't allow yourself to feel like this. You got a new person to look after, and get better for your child. I know it is a lot easier said than done. I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. And at times I get so nervous that I will die all of a sudden and leave them without a father. Just remember you are not alone, and all of these feelings are just in your head. Your child needs you, and needs you to get better. No one is perfect and no one will ever be perfect. Just suck it up for a lack of better words, and go love on your child. Just watch him while he is asleep, and say to yourself "get better for him". Have someone come over, go have one drink, and if you feel bad, go home. Try to test your limits and baby step it the whole way.

I used to be scared to even drive down the road. Now I own a classic car company and tool around in the cars all the time, but this has led to my own anxiety over making money.

But please, you are young, you have your whole life ahead of you, and please take care of your son. You will be ok, trust me, you will be fine.

expecto patronum
03-07-11, 17:50
Hi, sorry to hear you're feeling so bad. It must be hard but try not to beat yourself up; obviously you want to do the best for your son, but if you had it in your power to 'make' yourself better overnight you would do it no matter how hard it was. The fact is you can't 'make' yourself better overnight, none of us can. You are going to need time and the right help; have you been to your GP? You need to tell your GP exactly what you've been experiencing. Access to talking therapies on the NHS is better than it used to be, personally I have found Acceptance and Commitment therapy to be the best for my anxiety, and doctors are starting to recognise it's efficacy as well.
Take care, Ros.

daddy martin
04-07-11, 14:22
I agree that talking is the best medicine, whether it be a professional councilor or a fellow sufferer (recommended). It helps to just say to another person the things that are going around in your mind.
Good luck
Martin xxx

smithdebbie264
04-07-11, 14:45
hi i am also a mummy to a 4 year old and 4 month old single mummy and i have the same panic attacks sometimes i am so over come by them i can hardly function but u have to and u learn that even if u feel at your worst u will not die just ride though it like today i went into town felt lightheaded but choose to think of the cool breeze on my face kissed my daughter and told her i loved her and carried on

and to be honest i have had a couple of wobbles today but nothing we can't handle as mummys big hugs to u and i am always here if u need to chat