PDA

View Full Version : I'M BACK,

janine85
02-07-11, 15:08
After being off citalopram 10mg for 8 weeks (2nd attempt)
I fear going back on them.

Anx is at an all time high! but worse!

Stressed with work,family and suffering with health anx also now - i dont know where this has come from,

I had costochondritis last winter and ever since ive been plagued with health issues (whether real or in my head)

Im currently on anti b's for a uti and im convinced that its serious as the cramps and tension in my abdomen is unbelievable!

advice please!! xx

Tyke
03-07-11, 00:31
Hi Janine

It does sound like a very stressful time for you. Once you have the infection under control it should at least remove one stress from you. Did your doctor give you any idea how long it should take for the anti b's to work? If you don't think they are helping you should go back to the doc.

If you did have to go back on Citalopram to help you through a difficult patch, would it be such a bad thing? You could maybe try and make some changes in your life in order to make it a bit less stressful for when you come off it again? I don't know if there is anything you can do about the other stressful things in your life, but if there is anything that would improve your work life or family issues it will make coming off the Cit and staying off it easier. Some people benefit from counselling while on anti-depressants, have you ever thought about that as a possibility?

You have managed without it for 8 weeks, so you have proved that you can get by without it if you really have to. Do you think it's possible you came off them too quickly and would have been better reducing them more gradually? I think your best way forward now is to say what you are experiencing to your doctor and see what he/she advises and take it from there.

Tyke