PDA

View Full Version : horrible bladder pressure...anyone else?

MVP123
02-07-11, 16:25
For the last few hours I am having the most horrible feeling in my bladder, it feeld like pressure and burning, I had it earlier in the week, but then it stopped. The doc tested me for a UTI yesterday but it was negative. And today the pressure has come back with a vengeance. I have started my period today, but I don't usually get these problems with it, I just feel like I need to go to the toilet all the time. I have tried paracetomal and ibuprofen but nothing is working, any ideas aanyone?xxx

MVP123
02-07-11, 17:48
Help, can't stop peeing and it feels like my bladder is burning, but my pee doesn't burn!

nomorepanic
02-07-11, 17:50
Are you sure it isn't cystitis?

MVP123
02-07-11, 17:58
I doubt it, as it started on Monday, the docs gave me some anti biotics on tuesday, and it was gone by wednesday, anyway I had a test at docs yesterday and no infection, but has been sore all day today and I am going the toilet like every 10 mins :-(

nomorepanic
02-07-11, 18:46
I would keep drinking loads of water to help flush it out.

I am used to going to the loo every 10 minutes but then I am on water tablets lol

Girl_Interrupted
02-07-11, 19:31
Hi there, sorry to hear about ur problems, I suffer from irritable bladder, it kinda has the same symptoms as a UTI but doesn't have the burning when u pee, but I get bladder pain and pressure and wanna pee alot, I have medication to take if it flares up badly. But its a case of managing anxiety and stress. As well as diet, anything to acidic can also trigger it off, as well as caffeine.

MVP123
03-07-11, 09:07
Can't stand this anymore, I'm going to go to the walk in centre :-(

bluetopazgirl
03-07-11, 12:18
I often get these symptoms and cuz i have had uti's in the past i always go to docs and its always negative now.. ive been drinking cranberry juice (i persoanlly dont like taste) but since been taking that its really helped.. also thrush can cause similair symptoms.. burnign when weeing etc (which i have found out!!) if its really bugging you pop along to gp again x

MVP123
03-07-11, 17:46
Well I went to the walk in clinic just to be told I don't have an infection (which I already knew) but she gave me antibiotics cause they have to treat it as such, and she said if it don't clear up to see my GP. So what the hell is this burning sensation in my bladder if not an infection, I can't stop crying please help!

Girl_Interrupted
04-07-11, 10:01
Hi there, me again :) I know its hard but try not to wind urself up, it will make u feel 10x times worse. I went through the same thing, peeing all the time, pain, burning sensation. I was told it was a UTI at first and given antibiotics, but they didn't work. So back to the doctors I went, more tests, all negative!! after being referred to a urologist, I was finally told I had irritable bladder! I think mainly triggered off by anxiety. That was 3 years ago, it comes and goes now, but is manageable. My advice is go to ur doctor and discuss ur symptoms as its clearly upsetting you.

Take care

MVP123
04-07-11, 12:37
I went to the docs this morning in floods of tears, I don't have a UTI and cause I have no itching and it doesn't sting when I pee, she sed it is down to my anxiety, but I never had this when I was ill before. She gave me some diazepam to calm me which worked for about 2 hours but now I'm in floods of tears again as it is so uncomfortable and I am just desparate to go the loo all the time, I just don't how much longer I can cope. I am drinking lots of water, taking ibuprofen. How long did yours last even though it wasn't an infection? I still can't eat :-(

nomorepanic
04-07-11, 22:06
I was just watching Embarrassing bodies on TV and they were treating someone with this same thing and they said it was an overactive bladder and their advice was that the bladder needed retraining. So they advised the patient not to go to the loo every time they wanted to but to hold it in and retrain the bladder.

It may be worth looking that up on their site anway.

http://www.livefromtheclinic.channel4.com/symptom-checkers/urinary-problems

Girl_Interrupted
04-07-11, 22:15
Diazepam will help calm u down and also relax muscles so it can have a calming affect on the bladder. My bladder problem went on for a few weeks! it was stop and then it would just suddenly come back again, to be honest it was hell! I spent alot of time crying, it was the not knowing what was causing it, which worried me the most. However after frequent trips to the doctor, various pills, and then a referral to a urologist, it cleared things up for me. Now after 3 years, I barely notice it anymore. There are days its bugs me, but never to the same extent as it was when it all started. My advice would be to See how u get on, it may settle down. Also try, to change ur diet, as in no caffeine or anything to acidic like tomatoes or orange juice, and try not to worry :)

(I have irritable bladder/over-active)

MVP123
05-07-11, 06:20
Hi girl interrupted, did you have the soreness/throbbing sensation below? But not when you're peeing, and if so do you have any suggestions on how to relief this, as I am taking ibuprofen/paracetomal, lots of water, no caffeine, and I have hardly been eating anything anyway since my HA has kicked in again I have lost my appetite.

Girl_Interrupted
05-07-11, 10:17
Yes I felt awful in the genital area, plus I had pelvic pain as well, but none on peeing, just frequency. I used to sit on a hot water bottle!!, sounds strange but it kinda helped a little, or even having a bath eased my discomfort. I also was off my food, mainly because I was so stressed out!! But do try to eat a little, even if its toast or something simple like a piece of fruit, apple, pears and bananas are good. Reducing ur stress and anxiety will help, it a viscious cycle unfortunately.

MVP123
05-07-11, 10:30
I am going to try my best to be brave and give it a couple more days to see how it is, however I had severe nausea earlier so this made me panic even more. I have even made an enquiry at my local private clinic to see how much a proper examination of the area would be. I don't have much money but right now I would give anything for peace of mind :-(

nomorepanic
05-07-11, 12:57
Did you look up the info that I found for you as well?

MVP123
05-07-11, 13:06
I did thanks loads for that, and I am trying to train my bladder by only once an hour instead of every 10 mins. In my rational mind I know it must be because me bladder has been irritated in some way. I am just surprised that it came on so quickly, it was last Monday night and it was straight after my shower, and I had used a new shower gel and then I always spray the shower head right up between my legs, so maybe something went in, but then it went away for a few days and came back on Saturday so who knows. I really don't want to pay or go for further tests as I know it will feed my anxiety, so will just have to see how long I can get through until I am at the docs again x

Typer
05-07-11, 14:29
It does sound like irritable bladder. Also, try to drink only water as bladder may just be inflamed. You could try just a half teaspoon of Apple cider vinegar in a BIG glass of water in future. You just sip some now and then and it really does work for me. It reduces the acid in your urine, even though it is an acid as well. This does it for me as I get your symptoms on a regular basis. You need the proper cider vinegar with the mother in it, bought from on line health shops like:

http://www.highernature.co.uk/Products/Organic-Apple-Cider-Vinegar&AgentID=422276?gclid=COHIyrOn6qkCFQEa4Qod3BCvXA

Which is where I get mine

MVP123
05-07-11, 20:35
I did actually cheer up a bit earlier and I managed 3 hours without going for a wee, and the soreness down below was gone, so just as I was thinking that it was going its come back again :-( I don't know if its cause I was thinking about it or if it was cause I had a cup of tea with caffeine in, as previously I was sticking to decaf. Let's hope tomorrow is a better day x