PDA

View Full Version : Becoming obsessed that somebody died

Million_Moments
03-07-11, 10:54
Yesterday I became really obsessed that my friend was dead, just because I hadn't heard from them in a couple of days. I was calling them, but they are always leaving their phone at home when they visit their gradnparents (which is probably where they are) and I emailed and texted and then went to their house and they weren't in.

Now I'm worried they are going to think I'm a crazy stalker lady. It seems silly today, but yesterday the thought got into my head and I COULD NOT GET IT OUT. It was all I could think about.

PanchoGoz
03-07-11, 12:14
They won't think you are a crazy stalker lady. If I were your friend and found the emails and texts when I got home, I would feel quite amused and happy I have such a concerned friend! Have you found them yet? When someone is dead, it is a lot more likely that a next door neighbour or close family would contact you before you have a chance to get worried, as they would be ringing round for answers.
You need to think rationally - write down your thought. Write down the evidence that supports it, and the evidence against it. You will notice that the evidence against it far outways the evidence for it.
Also, when you develop a panicky thought like this, try to look at it from an outsider's point of view if you don't already. Detatch yourself from your anxious self, and maybe look at the situation from a different self, like your protecting self or your dominent self.
Lots of people have fears like this from time to time, you are not alone. You will feel better soon.
:)

Million_Moments
06-07-11, 20:44
Yes, he'd gone sea fishing of all things, so was completly out of contact!

Thanks for the advice.