PDA

View Full Version : Passing clear mucus

Taffy
03-07-11, 13:57
Sorry for this thread.....

Since getting up this morning I've been to the loo about 8 times and each time I've been passing clear mucus only....looks just like Saliva....gross.

I've never had IBS but had a colonoscopy and endoscopy last October due to pains under my right ribs...both were all clear.

My questions are is is this something to worry about and do you think that it should be ok seeing as I had both internal investigations done only 9 months ago?

Im already sky high with my HA and really don't need anying else to worry about!

countrygirl
03-07-11, 14:14
About 8 months ago I had upset bowels ( husband had had a bug for day then me) which lasted about 3 weeks and I was going to the loo lots and loose but not runny! and also lots of clear mucus. I had had a clear colonoscopy and other tests 2 yrs ago and told no need to another one for 10 yrs as it takes 10 years for polyps to form in your bowel.
Of course I ran to the Dr after two weeks because of the mucus and she did test for me like loads of bloods and occult fecal blood samples and sample for infection etc which were all clear and she said the most common cause of clear mucus is inflammation of the bowel which can be anything from a bug or IBS and only very very rarely is it a sign of anything nasty and would occur with other symptoms like blood in stool and weight loss. She said it is okay to wait up to 6 weeks to see if change in bowel habit goes away but because of my ha she did the tests early for me.

Wait and see, it could be a bug ( do you have any other symptoms?) or ibs and the fact you had a clear colonoscpy would mean its almost impossible for it to be colon cancer. I would say if it continues for a few days without any normal bowel material then see your GP.

Taffy
03-07-11, 16:34
No I've got no other symptoms other than a gurgle in my lower belly, which I assume is all part of this. I have been going to the loo a lot more lately and it has been slightly lose but nothing excessive. I've put it down to anxiety and stress of which I have plenty at the moment!

When I had my colonoscopy the Dr also told me it can take 10 years for something to develop but the old HA makes me think the worst! Hopefully it'll go away as quickly as it arrived.

Horse
04-07-11, 11:39
I too had a Colonoscopy last September owing to pain under right ribs etc.
The results were negative as usual. However, I do experience the 'mucus run' now and again and believe this to be a normal 'expression' of IBS and also a nervous tummy.

Horse.