PDA

View Full Version : doctor wants me to have more tests

saintdee
03-07-11, 16:18
hi all,

i had loads of bloos tests done 3 months ago, i was a mess waitng for the results, and when o wnt back for them the doctor said they were all fine. but last week he could my house and asked me to go to haveanother test done for my liver, as when he got the results it said i was borderline liver deficiancy! he said he did not tell me back then as he new that i would spend the next 3 months in a panic. but now i know i am so scared. what could be wrong with me. anyones advice would be much welcomed.x

Jj8
04-07-11, 14:10
Hi There

Hope you are ok

If it was anything serious then you wouldn't be waiting around for 3 weeks. Blood tests can sometimes show inaccurate readings, well when I say sometimes it happens alot! It's happened to me so many times and it has caused me so much anxiety and in the end it turned out to be absolutley nothing! So I was a complete wreck for no reason. Your GP probably didnt want to worry you knowing that the bloods would correct themselves in about 3 weeks. Let us know how you get on. Remember medications and if you had any alcohol recently can cause this result. Take Care xxx

countrygirl
04-07-11, 21:28
It is entirely normal if you have a iffy liver function test for it to be repeated in three months to see if it has gone back to normal as huge number of harmless things can affect your liver function test. If you had had alcohol in the 24 hrs before test or taken anti fungal meds or had water infection etc etc and they nearly always return to normal. YOur Dr can also tell from the results if its something that needs looking into straight away or if its probably just a blip and will go back to normal.

I worked for a Drs so know about this.

Anxious_gal
04-07-11, 22:33
your only making your self anxious by worrying, it doesn't solve or fix anything, it's like rocking in a rooking chair, your doing something, burning energy but it gets you nowhere but tired.
hope your test results come back good this time :)