PDA

View Full Version : Been to a/e

sandy40
03-07-11, 17:24
Hi,Ive had a sore neck/scalp and left side of my head...pain for a week now,im scared so much whats wrong,today i had enough and was terrified so went to A/E,they took my OB's,the dr looked into the back of my eyes and i had to do a couple of facial excercises for him...anyway he said he tought it was muscular and maybe spasms...im a wreck and im worried its something sinister,i guess im writing here for reassurance or for somoene with something similar...oh i thought my HA was getting better.x

vaughn110979
03-07-11, 18:25
no its ha

sandy40
03-07-11, 18:34
Im really in a state of panic...the pain is dull and constant at the bottom of my head/behind my ears.Im really scared.

pb
03-07-11, 18:46
Im not sure what it is, but if a dr has checked and says your ok, im sure it cant be too serious.
being very stressed and tense can lead to all sorts of muscular pains x

kah
03-07-11, 18:56
Oh Sandy,
Sorry you've felt so bad you had to go to A&E, I've been there and done it so totally understand. Could the neck pain be stress related (bet you're sick of hearing that!), I mean do you hold you shoulders up really tense without realising? I get sore spots on my scalp as soon as I get anxious so I wouldn't worry too much about that, it's a classic since of anxiety.

Big hugs chick
Kerri-anne xx

nomorepanic
03-07-11, 19:00
Well you have been checked out at hosptial now you have to believe what they say I am afraid.

I get the feeling that you wanted them to find something terrible wrong - am I right?

macc noodle
03-07-11, 19:52
You have been to A&E - they could find nothing wrong that would cause you such concern.

You really do need to listen to what the docs are telling you and to seek help from your GP for your HA.

I know because I suffer from it and have found that the CBT I am currently receiving is a complete revelation in terms of mindset and approaching my fears.

All the posts seems to point to one problem that is causing you the pain and fear - stress and anxiety - it does indeed create horrible pains and aches in the body if suffered long term.

Hope you feel better soon

Macc Noodle xx

sandy40
03-07-11, 20:03
I really hope it is all anxiety and stress,i went to AE because i wanted to get checked over which i did but i find it hard to believe all that stress can do to the body...ive tried CBT but it did not help me..for weeks my back/ribs and knees were sore infact for months now they are al ok...bit of pain sometimes.Now its my neck and head.

anx mum
03-07-11, 20:15
Hiya hun big:bighug1:to u? Can really understand how u feel its horrible to feel so scared u know ive been ill too alot of it was anxiety and the pains were real. When the doc shines light in your eyes he can tell alot hun. If ur not happy go bk 2 docs in morning and make him listen always here hun x

sandy40
03-07-11, 20:19
Thanks Bev,what can they tell with the light? i had to clench my teeth as well.x

anx mum
03-07-11, 20:50
Thanks Bev,what can they tell with the light? i had to clench my teeth as well.x

They can look at pupil size and i think they can see part of brain

disco2195
03-07-11, 21:10
hi Sandy,

I agree with Nicola; if the Doctor's haven;t found anything then it probably is the muscle spasms; a lot of people can get pain behind the ear if you are clenching your jaw - try relaxing it by putting your tongue between your teeth and that might help.

Your GP might be able to give you something to help you with the spasms and I know its difficult but try and relax maybe a nice bath or read a book with some scented candles.

Take care and keep smiling :)

kah
04-07-11, 13:56
Hey Sandy,

I had to do the teeth clenching thing when I went to the docs last week, and that was because of my 'MS' related symptoms. Not quite sure what it shows but I suppose they know what they're doing!!!

I'm still struggling too, what a pair we are. Sending a big virtual hug your way xxxx

Kerri-anne xx

sandy40
04-07-11, 14:15
Hi Kah, I went to my gps today :-( the pain behind my ear/neck is still there,he took my blood pressure and did the testing of my reflexes and said it could be a large muscle (cant remember the name and dont want to google) thats causing the pain...i wish i could beleive them,are you still worried about MS? xx

kah
04-07-11, 15:04
Hi Kah, I went to my gps today :-( the pain behind my ear/neck is still there,he took my blood pressure and did the testing of my reflexes and said it could be a large muscle (cant remember the name and dont want to google) thats causing the pain...i wish i could beleive them,are you still worried about MS? xx

Hey Sandy,
Yeah I'm still worried. As well as my legs and arms feeling really weak and shaky I also keep getting pins & needles all the time. I keep telling myself it's just anxiety and I'm ok for 5 mins until my hands or feet start tingling again, then once again I'm off on the awful anxiety cycle I seem to be stuck on. My arms have felt most odd today, almost like they're not my own and I have no control over them - very bizarre and probably anxiety but it's easy to say it, it's trying to believe it that's the problem!!

I'm seriously thinking about trying hypnotherapy. I'm going to do some research to see if it's got a good success rate for HA, if so I'm going to do it. I can't keep going like this, having a few weeks where I'm ok then straight back down to rock bottom again.

Hope you're ok chick, I would tell you to believe what the GP says but it would be a bit hypercritical of me when I can't do that myself! Instead I'll send you big hugs xxxx