PDA

View Full Version : mums in hospital - freaking out

Annabelle
04-07-11, 01:13
hi
its been a while since ive needed your support but tonight i do.
my mum collapsed tonight and was taken to hospital, my dad and sister are with her but im at home on my own. Im freaking out about it. im so worried about her and selfishly worried about my anxiety levels and whether im going to be sick or not which is so selfish.

i dont know what anyone here can do for me because the only thing that will make me feel better is knowing shes ok but im very very scared and need your help.

:weep::weep:

Annabelle
04-07-11, 01:33
please i feel like im just about hanging on by my fingertips here

Bill
04-07-11, 02:12
Have you tried ringing the hospital? I don't know if it's possible to get through or not but it would help to ease your anxiety if you knew what was happening.

They say no news is good news so keep positive. She's in good hands.:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

DontPanicMrMannering
04-07-11, 02:16
hi
its been a while since ive needed your support but tonight i do.
my mum collapsed tonight and was taken to hospital, my dad and sister are with her but im at home on my own. Im freaking out about it. im so worried about her and selfishly worried about my anxiety levels and whether im going to be sick or not which is so selfish.

i dont know what anyone here can do for me because the only thing that will make me feel better is knowing shes ok but im very very scared and need your help.

:weep::weep:

Annabelle do you know why your mother collapsed? has your Dad or Sister not called you to let you know that your mum is ok? do they know that you suffer from anxiety? if they have not rang you yet, ring the hospital yourself and aks them for an update on your mothers condition, don't keep worrying just try to ease your mind by finding out, I hope everything is ok with your mum.

Dale xx

Annabelle
04-07-11, 02:55
hi all

thank you for being awake at such an hour!
spoke to my dad apparently they think its a serious does of gastroenteritis (sp?!) which is good in a way as i was thinking brain tumour or stroke or all the worst things so hopefully thats what the test will say.

on a more selfish note ive gone from worrying that my mums dying to oh no i hope i dont get sick as well - im a horrible person.

thank you for your support in my time of need - so glad i can come here when the going gets to hard

xxx

Anxious_gal
04-07-11, 03:26
Hey don't feel bad it's 100% natural that your anxiety acts up, you shouldn't feel bad for that.
Hey well can't doctors treat that? :) So it's good that it's nothing serious.
Is it contagious?
I worry too when anyone I know is sick, as I don't want to catch it and be sick too.
Glad to hear you mum will be ok x

Annabelle
04-07-11, 22:37
well mums home and looking pretty sorry for herself and although i know shes going to be fine i can't get the images of last night out of my head. seeing her on the floor like that really shook me as i've never seen her so vulnerable before and she's my safe person. she was in the bedroom and dropped somthing on the floor and my heart leapt into my throat as i thought it had happened again - i feel hyper alert.

selfishly im paranoid im going to get sick as it is contagious so ive gone a bit ocd with cleaning my hands and surfaces as im terrified of catching it. i keep freaking out every time i get a bit of wind or a gurgle in my tummy that im going to get sick like that - i know its more likely that the anxiety is causing my digestive system to go a bit funny like it does when i get anxious but i cant help but worry about getting sick.
this whole thing has really shaken me up when i was in a really good place with my anxiety and doing well - but all the old fears that i had just about got on top of like fear of being sick and fainting have reared up again
tell me this is just a blip and everythings going to be fine. :unsure: