PDA

View Full Version : think my anx has gone over a line and it is so hard to be reasurred!

MVP123
04-07-11, 15:41
I am so sorry for starting another thread on this, but maybe writing it might be thearaputic who knows! I think the problem I am having with my bladder for the last few days has been my worst symptom since I had HA a few years ago. This is the first time at the age of 39 that I have had this, so it is not common to me. I have pressure on the bladder which means I am having to go to the toilet every 10 mins or so, it doesn't burn when I pee, and I have been tested for an infection which was negative. This is so uncomfortable and I am finding this particularly distressing as I don't know hoe long its going to last. So far I have been to the docs 3 times about this, first time she didn't even test me, just gave me antibiotics. I went back a couple of days later about my nausea and asked her to test me for a UTI which was negative, I told her my worries about some kind of cancer tumour which might be pressing on my bladder, and she had a feel around my stomach which she said felt fine. I also had my bloods (including fbc) done a couple of weeks ago and all was normal. I also went to the walk in clinic yesterday as it had become unbearable and she tested me again for UTI which was also negative, but said she would still give me antibiotics, which I'm not taking cause I know I don't have an infection. And finally I could not stop crying and panicking about it this morning so went back to my GP in tears and begged her to help me, and to be fair to my doc, she is amazingly patient with me. Anyway she has give me some diazepam to calm me down, and I would calm down if only this constant ache and weeing would go away. I can't seem to be rational and think of all the other minor things that could be going on in my bladder, I can only believe that it is cancer. My doc said its my anxiety, so when will it go and how long should I leave it before getting it checked properly? I'm sorry for the long post I just need to get it all of my chest x

MVP123
04-07-11, 15:49
Another thing I meant to mention was that the problem I have been having with my right leg for over 2 years is somehow connected. Cause every now and then my right leg aches from the front of my thigh down to my calf and makes my foot tingle. So now I am connecting the two and worrying about a tumour pressing on my bladder and sciatic nerve. But I have had the leg problem for over 2 years, so surely if it had been a tumour large enough to have been pressing on a nerve I would have been a lot sicker by now, I wish I could get these damn thoughts out my head!!

kah
04-07-11, 16:04
Hey there,

I don't think for a second the 2 are connected. Peeing frequently is a classic sign of anxiety, happens to me every time my anxiety gets out of control. Also, if you'd had a tumour growing for 2 years you're right you would be much sicker by now and also it would have shown up in your blood test results. I'm willing to bet you almost anything that once you get your HA under control you will stop running to the loo every few mins.

Big hugs chick
Kerri-anne xxx

P.S. Any sign of your new Grandchild yet??????

anxietyoverload
04-07-11, 16:11
when my anxiety was at its worst i was weeing every 5 mins, the mind is such a powerful thing that if you have convinced yourself its something horrible, your mind will make the symptoms more real and more frequent, i no its hard cause it seems to real x

MVP123
04-07-11, 16:16
Thanks Kerri-Anne, its always good to hear from u guys, I just think my HA has peaked at the moment. Oh how I long to go back to the days when I used to get aches and pains and not think twice about them. And my grandchild is being stubborn and has not appeared yet, my daughter will be induced next Weds if he is not born before then, thanx for asking :-). I think this might be why my HA is worse this time, cause while it sposed to be one of the happiest times in my life I can't help worrying about not being well enough if she needs my help. This anxiety crap has no regard for special family moments and seems to do it on purpose, I think I'm gonna do what I read someone else did, and get a dartboard and stick an ugly face with anxiety written across it so I can throw darts at it lol!!

MVP123
04-07-11, 16:17
Thanx also anxietyoverload xx

saffy f
04-07-11, 17:50
Hi There.
Just read your post and thought I needed to reply because...my anx has been really bad this week,especially the week end and I have been weeing loads,It's made me realise after reading the other replies that it could be connected.I commented at work how i had been 5 times in 2 hours,I don't normally go that often in 24! no stinging or anything,I get a lot of cystitis so I know it's not that so it really must be stress related for you.
Sx

MVP123
04-07-11, 17:53
I really hope so Saffy, its not the peeing so much that bothers me cause it don't sting or anything, its more the constant uncomfortable pressure in my bladder that's worrying me and how long its gonna last, do you get the feeling in your bladder as well?x

saffy f
04-07-11, 18:04
yes I do.It is like I really need to go as if I've been holding off going for ages but I haven't.When I go it doesn't hurt at all. its Its got to be stress related hasn't it.It's the vicious circle thing isn't it,you worry about it and it makes it worse.
I know what ever anyone says doesn't help when you feel like this,I am the same at the moment.Its exhausting.But I really know that you don't have anything wrong after the tests you've had done and plus I'm not worried about mine which sounds similar and the way I'm feeling at the moment I would be freaking out by now.
x

MVP123
04-07-11, 18:20
It must be stress related, just wish I could take my mind off it long enough for it to stop, I do notice that I most of the time I have got my muscles tensed in that area to stop myself weeing, so that doesn't help! This one has been freaking me out cause its a new symptom. I had my first breakdown 3 years ago but all my symptoms were head related, anyway I stopped taking my ad's a couple of months ago cause I felt great. But now it has come back with a vengeange, I am getting the head stuff again but that doesn't worry me cause I know what it is, but this new symptom has made me think all sorts x

saffy f
04-07-11, 18:31
It's crazy what our brains do when we're stressed.I've just read the anxiety heading on here that going to the loo all the time is a classic symptom.I have bad anxiety at the moment,feeling like something bad is going to happen I'm so glad I found this site I'm finding it a bit of a life line at the moment.The only thing that worries me is that if I post all the fears and horrible things going on in my head it will freak people out.It's crap isn't it.
I had a massive panic attack last Monday and I literally sat bolt up right on my sofa watching the tele all night without a wink of sleep.I had low abdominal pains the next day and that's when the weeing started.It must be to do with muscle tension or something.My head and stiff necks gone after they upped my meds but I get a 'swimming head' and feel sick.

MVP123
04-07-11, 18:42
I hate the swimming head and nausea, but I have kind of got used to them now, which is really sad. Unfortunately I am unable to sleep properly at night as that is when my head always starts. I take sleeping tablets which I am surprised the doc keeps prescribing me and I worry about getting hooked. Anyway since my HA started again I have been back on fluoxetine for 3 weeks. Are you taking any meds, cause they can also cause frequent urination and nausea and lots of other stuff as well. That's the thing about meds, they make you feel worse in the first 3 weeks :-). I think I will be ok if my bladder gets better within the next couple of days, its already lasted 3 days, hope yours clears up soon as well :-) x

saffy f
04-07-11, 18:47
Thanks.I'm on fluoxetine too.They put it up to 40mg when I went loopy last week :-))...gotta laugh haven't you...I'm sure things will clear up for you soon,especially when the baby arrives.
xx