PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazapine help, anxiety back!!

rocklover
04-07-11, 16:11
Hi all, I tried posting on the Mirt forum, but have had no response. After initially feeling so good last week I seem to have taken a nose dive the last few days, I am constantly on the edge of panic and I'm terrified I'll go back to the wreck I was 2 weeks ago.

Tonight will be my 9th tablet, should I ask my dr to increase my dose, or wait to see what happens? I'm not really sure what to do, but I am really upset that this has happened. The dr told me not to worry if I had bad days, but here I am worrying, really need advice.

kibbutz83
04-07-11, 17:13
Hi, I withdrew from Venlafaxine recently, and was supposed to be starting Mirtazapine.. but I've chickened out. I think I'm going to see how I feel without them... I'm a bit fed up taking meds that are probably doing me more harm than good! The withdrawal from the Venlafaxine was horrendous :( It's difficult to know what to do for the best... good luck anyway x

Ingenious
04-07-11, 19:04
I replied to this in the other forum too. 9 tablets is far too soon for any medication of this type to get into your system fully and be working as it should. It is more likely you felt an initial boost simply from getting help and starting on medication, now the side effects are hitting you, these should pass fairly quickly and then you should start feeling better. I'm afraid this type of medication does not give a "quick fix", you just have to bear with it for a while as it gets into your system. Take each day at a time and you should gradually start to feel better. As always, should you become really concerned there is no reason why you should not see your GP for guidance - I did, just to be on the safe side when I started feeling rough. Hopefully in a week or two you'll be an awful lot better :)

rocklover
04-07-11, 23:04
Thanks again Ingenious, your advice is invaluable.

Davevanza
27-09-11, 12:06
Hi all, I tried posting on the Mirt forum, but have had no response. After initially feeling so good last week I seem to have taken a nose dive the last few days, I am constantly on the edge of panic and I'm terrified I'll go back to the wreck I was 2 weeks ago.

Tonight will be my 9th tablet, should I ask my dr to increase my dose, or wait to see what happens? I'm not really sure what to do, but I am really upset that this has happened. The dr told me not to worry if I had bad days, but here I am worrying, really need advice.

Hi,
I've been on Mirtazapine for 3 years, and now I am on 90mg at night.

All antidepressants works within 3-4 weeks generally.
Whether you want to increase or decrease, your Doctor is the one that could monitor and decide.

Kind regards,
Davevanza

Geoff2301
27-09-11, 13:58
Hi,
I've been on Mirtazapine for 3 years, and now I am on 90mg at night.

All antidepressants works within 3-4 weeks generally.
Whether you want to increase or decrease, your Doctor is the one that could monitor and decide.

Kind regards,
Davevanza
I know you've mentioned it before but am very surprised at the high dose you're on......... I thought the maximum was 45mg!

ZHBully
27-09-11, 15:20
Hi Rocklover,

Sorry you're feeling panicky. I know it won't help much for me to say this, but I also had a similar experience. Though mine was more a feeling of agitation (taken out on myself) and like anger was simmering in me - very unlike me.

When I saw my dr, he just said that perhaps it was the mirtazapine (he was noncommittal), but that I should wait a few weeks, at its current dose of 15mg) to give it time to have positive benefits as well. So he prescribed me some diazepam to take in the meantime. Those helped.

My dr increased my dose of mirtazapine, to 30mg/night after about a month, once the worst of the side effects had subsided a bit, not when they were feeling the worst.

I guess my advice would be to chat with your doctor. Although he says not to worry about a bad day, if you're getting a string of bad days, then that's not fun either. Esp if you start to feel unsafe.